Question Guppy breeding

SamanthaJane

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Hello!
Due to quarantine and lack of new fish in stores I currently have 1 guppy pair to breed.
Both guppies were in a community tank along with other tank mates in a 30 gallon. The male was constantly chasing her. I noticed her gravid spot is enlarged and very black however is she not noticeably fat, but is not skinny. I can't tell if she's pregnant or not. I must add she is young and this is probably her first pregnancy. I placed the female guppy In my other 7 gal aquarium to develop fry if she has any in her. Does she?? Should I put her back in the community tank with the other male and wait for her to show better signs of pregnancy? Or should I leave her in her new tank without the male guppy?
I previously added the pair together in this 7 gal but the male was constantly chasing her so i later removed him back to the 30 gal, to reduce stress.

Now i have a single female in a 7 gal and I'm not sure if she's pregnant or not!
What do you guys think?

Attachments

StarGirl

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I think if she has a dark gravid spot she is probably pregnant. Shes a guppy so probably pregnant ;) If she doesnt seem stressed by herself just leave her and see what happens.

Side note.....Samantha Jayne was my baby girl name....(heart) but never had any kids!

AquaticQueen

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I wouldn't be surprised if she is pregnant, depending on how old she is, and adding the gravid spot, so she probably is.
He was chasing her to mate and she will eventually die of stress from his constant chasing so when you can, get a couple more females so he has more females to chase.

OP
SamanthaJane

SamanthaJane

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
StarGirl15 said:
I think if she has a dark gravid spot she is probably pregnant. Shes a guppy so probably pregnant ;) If she doesnt seem stressed by herself just leave her and see what happens.

Side note.....Samantha Jayne was my baby girl name....(heart) but never had any kids!
Yes i think I'm gonna keep her and hope she makes me a guppy mom. Haha!

Also what a coincidence! People seem to call me Mary Jane quite more often, dunno why!

johnbetta

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
she will drop the young when she is ready not all fish when preg get big

New Threads