Guppy Breeding log (Everything is ready)

BassaraAhara

Yeah, so everything is ready. Except the fish. My desired male (Sunrise) tries desperately to mate but is unsuccessful, because the female he's interested in is a lot bigger and manages to swim away before he can use his gonopodium. Should I use a smaller female? He's gorgeous btw, leopard guppy with a lavish tail x a fancy guppy. I have a platinum snow guppy (Sundown) but he's very young and doesn't even bother trying to mate. His desired female is also very old (Eve), so she may not be able to have guppies anyway, but the others can.

(Pics of Eve and Sunrise)

Attachments

• IMG_20220120_184021.jpg
    IMG_20220120_184021.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20220118_125605.jpg
    IMG_20220118_125605.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 6

emeraldking

Yeah, so everything is ready. Except the fish. My desired male (Sunrise) tries desperately to mate but is unsuccessful, because the female he's interested in is a lot bigger and manages to swim away before he can use his gonopodium. Should I use a smaller female? He's gorgeous btw, leopard guppy with a lavish tail x a fancy guppy. I have a platinum snow guppy (Sundown) but he's very young and doesn't even bother trying to mate. His desired female is also very old (Eve), so she may not be able to have guppies anyway, but the others can.

(Pics of Eve and Sunrise)
It shouldn't matter wether a female is big or small in order to let a male try to mate. But the female itself decides wether she allows a male to mate with her or not no matter how long a male is trying to mate.

BassaraAhara

Thank you! I really needed some help
It shouldn't matter wether a female is big or small in order to let a male try to mate. But the female itself decides wether she allows a male to mate with her or not no matter how long a male is trying to mate.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
PandaLover
  • bluewolfkc
  • Guppy
Replies
Views
Lacey D
  • Ryushokan
  • Guppy
Replies