Guppy Birth

efly2

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
hey all this is my first time posting on here, but i have to say this has been one enjoyable day. I woke up this morning and fed my fish as normal when i saw something swim by really fast. My huge female guppy had just given birth. so i ran to the pet store and got one of those breeder boxes everybody hates and put my female in it because they were getting ate as soon as she would have them. she had given birth to 17 little guys by the days end. who knows how many got ate before i could get her in the box. I am trying to attach some videos, but they are probably too big. Does anyone know how to make them smaller?

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
WOW! I never saw a livebearer give birth before. Amazing video clip! Thanks for posting. It's so cute Who eats the little babies? The parents or the other fish in the tank? Do livebearers raise their young (such as for example angelfish do)?

It's terrible when babies are eaten alive. It's different with fish that lay eggs, and when the eggs are eaten before they hatch - they're not yet really alive (I mean, they are but it's not like they know that they're being eaten).

mcminnj

Reaction score
When my guppy gave birth my male was garding them at the top of my 5g tank, But after that night they were on their own and most were getting chewed on,

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom