Guppy Baby Belly Burst ??

Ciderx

So today I fed my baby guppies some Frozen brine shrimp. Then coming back a couple hours later, I noticed one baby has a weird belly… almost like it swallowed an upright stick (pictured below). The fish itself is swimming fine and acting fine. None of the other babies have this issue. Very confused and concerned right now. Is there a simple way to fix this?

Thank you in advanced

Attachments

• 411F3974-9992-4524-BF65-E84685C0323E.jpeg
    411F3974-9992-4524-BF65-E84685C0323E.jpeg
    194.9 KB · Views: 13

PeterFishKeepin

its possible it may have eaten to much and is very bloated, the bump could be large because guppys have small digestive system and stomach so even a small amount can seem like to much.

Ciderx

oh great, so do you think it’ll be normal in just a couple hours?

PeterFishKeepin

yeah, sometimes my rummynose tetra get similar 'dents' in belly from being a bit greedy and eating more then they should, give a couple hour or overnight it should have visably reduced in size.

after 24 if its still there you may have an issue which is beyond me and will have to ask others

emeraldking

It could be what PeterFishKeepin has already mentioned. But it could also be an internal prolapse. Hard to tell at this point. Probably the best thing to do is to watch this fish for te coming days. Ensure that it will keep on eating.

Ciderx

dope thank you guys. I believe the fish came back to normal. Personally I was shocked that a fish could even get such a big bump and still be normal. Thank you for the help

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
  • Flounder63
  • Guppy
Replies
Views
Flounder63
  • Emp1996
  • Guppy
Replies
Views
Emp1996