Guppy Aggression Question

Discussion in 'Guppy' started by Bithimala, Apr 15, 2018.

1. Bithimala

Bithimala Fishlore VIP Member

Being new to guppies, what does it look like if they're being aggressive? Mine seem to be exhibiting signs like chasing each other that might be aggression, but not sure if it's a concern or just them
    "playing."

2. shiv234

shiv234 Well Known Member Member

is it 2 boys or 2 girls or a boy and girl. If its a boy and girl they may be trying to mate.

3. OP
    OP
    Bithimala

6 boys unless they were mislabeled at the store, but it does look like mating behavior I've seen in other fish...

The turquoise looking one in the top pic is usually the one doing the chasing, the orange one is usually the one being chased.

20180415_221829.jpg 20180410_192642.jpg

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
  4. N8_the_Gr8

N8_the_Gr8 Valued Member Member

Unfortunately this is a thing in guppies sometimes. They can form a pecking order. One is dominant most of the time. I had this issue with guppies and Lemon tetras. All the guppies didn’t make it unfortunately. I started out with 5 lemons and they bullied each other, biggest to smallest. I then bought 3 more and the aggression was spread out more and the alpha Tetra lost interest in everyone.

5. OP
    OP
    Bithimala

That's the interesting part, the smallest is the bully currently. Hoping that slowly adding more will even it out.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice