Guppy age

Discussion in 'Guppy' started by callaway000, Jul 22, 2015.

1. c

callaway000 Valued Member Member

Does anybody know about how old a guppy is when buying it from a store? I know they're supposed to live for about 1-2 years and I've been getting hit with deaths lately. The first guppy I got has been in my tank for 7 months and I have a feeling he'll be dead by morning :( I think its a combination of age and ich killing him.

2. Gekco

Gekco Well Known Member Member

First off, sorry about all of your fish deaths. :(

Does it look like your fish has grains of salt all over it, if it does then it is indeed ich.

Regarding the fish age, me personally I can't tell fish age just by liking at them, but if you ask an employee who works in the fish section they might be able to tell you the approximate age of the fish.

Sent from my iPod touch using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

3. OP
    OP
    c

callaway000 Valued Member Member

Ya there's little bits of white on some of my fish. I've been using medication for it

4. KingD

KingD Fishlore VIP Member

The best treatment for ich in my experience is t medication, its using heat. A degree or two every hour, bring the temperature up to 86F leave it like this for about a week then the same way you brought the temperature up, bring it down.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice