guppy about to give birth again

Discussion in 'Guppy' started by pumpknmom, Mar 28, 2010.

1. p

pumpknmom Valued Member Member

My female guppy is pregnant again- surprise! I gave the male to the local pet store a few days ago, so I'm prepared to deal with a few more drops. (I'm switching to all female guppies.) She gave birth on March 2nd. Today is March 28th, that's 26 days. I see little eyes in her gravid spot again, and she is a little boxy looking. She is eating like crazy, not just her food but algae in the tank, etc. Could she drop tonight, even though it's less than 28 days?

Thanks!

2. Aquarist

Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Hello Pumpknmom,

One thing for certain...you never know for certain when it comes to pregnancy as to when the fish will give birth. :) It doesn't sound like it will be long though.
    Best wishes for healthy fry!

Ken

3. Chris123

Chris123 Well Known Member Member

Put her in a breeder box that way you dont have constantly look at the tank.

Keep in mind with all female guppies they could be all pregnant so be prepared for more babies in the future

CB

4. OP
    OP
    p

pumpknmom Valued Member Member

OK, so I put her in the breeder box tonight- that's 27 days since she gave birth last. She has been pooping a lot- but now I'm worried it's not poop, but some aborted fry. I can't see eyes or eggs or anything, but there's so much of it. Unlike regular poop, it seems to be falling apart. I still see eyes in her gravid spot. Any ideas what's going on?

5. w

wonton55912 Valued Member Member

she may be ready to burst soon

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice