Guppies with color changing tail?

1. frogfan

frogfan Well Known Member Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So i picked up 3 new guppies today a male for my nieces tank and 2 females for mine since i accidently killed mine last night .the male is purple and like green and silver with a clean tail the females are silver with clear tails but under the LED tank light all their tails turn a bright purple and blue color its kinda neat like nagic fish

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

2. Tonia

Tonia Well Known Member Member

Ratings:
    +19
    They sound lovely!!! I know my guppies changed over time.. their colors seem to develop and change some as they grow older. They are such adorable little guys!

3. rsutoratosu

rsutoratosu Member Member

Ratings:
    +2
    How did you kill your fish ?

Anyway, yeah purple/green/blue and certain color won't show unless you apply lights.. some of my purple looks brown in day light

4. OP
    OP
    frogfan

frogfan Well Known Member Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It was 2 am and i forgot how to use my brain i had had them in a container for about an hour setting up the new tank and only aclimated them for about 10 before putting them in the new tank and i guess i shocked them im pretty sure at that point i didnt really no what to do other then hope they made it they didnt

video of the new fish
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10203290005765269&l=732135983542428381

Im going to leave the females in the 5g at my parents till they have babies the girls want to see the babies then I will bring them home to my tank they are in quarantine anyways

some people have had trouble veiwing my videos from FB idk why and i dont have a youtube account so fb is the only way i can upload