Guppies with angel fish, Fire mouth cichlids and Electric Blue Rams!

1. Mattii Member Member

Hi guys, is it normal for guppies to be getting along well in a tank with Rams, Fire Mouths, and Angel fish, bare in mind I got all my fish when they were still juvenile as I like to see them grow and progress?

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

2. Phishphin Well Known Member Member

I think the guppies will eventually become a snack for the angels. Even in very large tanks with lots of hiding places, angels are... persistent.

3. hollie1505 Well Known Member Member

They wouldn't last long in my angel tank! And my Rams wouldn't have been too impressed either. Sometimes they can get along for a while but, one day you may wake up and have no guppies... Just something to be aware of.xx

4. Mattii Member Member

Yeah the angel has just began to get really territorial, tends to leave the guppies and fire mouth alone and chase one of the electric blue rams around (I have a pair of EVR) I work in an aquatics shop anyway run by my family, so tomorrow am taking the angel and fire mouth back, and picking up a male electric blue ram, because the both I have now are females, cheers guys

5. hollie1505 Well Known Member Member

It's probably for the best, but a shame to have to return them. Although, working in an aquatics shop, run by your family seems like the perfect place for them to go :) (I am rather jealous of your job right now!). Good luck with the new Ram!x

6. Mattii Member Member

Yeah its a really good job, work with cold water, tropical and marine 5 days a week, and to top it off its on the prom beside the sea, il post a picture tomorrow because I'm going to the wholesalers tomorrow, gonna get myself a plecco aswell

7. Phishphin Well Known Member Member

Just be sure that pleco has a really big tank!