Guppies with angel fish, Fire mouth cichlids and Electric Blue Rams!

1. Mattii

Mattii Member Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys, is it normal for guppies to be getting along well in a tank with Rams, Fire Mouths, and Angel fish, bare in mind I got all my fish when they were still juvenile as I like to see them grow and progress?

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

2. Phishphin

Phishphin Well Known Member Member

Ratings:
    +7
    I think the guppies will eventually become a snack for the angels. Even in very large tanks with lots of hiding places, angels are... persistent.

3. hollie1505

hollie1505 Well Known Member Member

Ratings:
    +14
    They wouldn't last long in my angel tank! And my Rams wouldn't have been too impressed either. Sometimes they can get along for a while but, one day you may wake up and have no guppies... Just something to be aware of.xx

4. OP
    OP
    Mattii

Mattii Member Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah the angel has just began to get really territorial, tends to leave the guppies and fire mouth alone and chase one of the electric blue rams around (I have a pair of EVR) I work in an aquatics shop anyway run by my family, so tomorrow am taking the angel and fire mouth back, and picking up a male electric blue ram, because the both I have now are females, cheers guys

5. hollie1505

hollie1505 Well Known Member Member

Ratings:
    +14
    It's probably for the best, but a shame to have to return them. Although, working in an aquatics shop, run by your family seems like the perfect place for them to go :) (I am rather jealous of your job right now!). Good luck with the new Ram!x

6. OP
    OP
    Mattii

Mattii Member Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah its a really good job, work with cold water, tropical and marine 5 days a week, and to top it off its on the prom beside the sea, il post a picture tomorrow because I'm going to the wholesalers tomorrow, gonna get myself a plecco aswell

7. Phishphin

Phishphin Well Known Member Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Just be sure that pleco has a really big tank!