Guppies Swimming At Bottom

Discussion in 'More Freshwater Aquarium Topics' started by Heron, Jun 17, 2018.

1. HeronNew MemberMember

My 4 male guppies usually swim at all levels in the tank but since my last water change they have started swimming around the bottom only. They don't look ill and swim around the bottom quickly. I have just tested my water with a liquid test kit. Ammonia is 0, Nitrite is 0, nitrate is 2.5, pH is 6.90, KH is 3, and GH is 5. All these are more or less as they have been for months. The tank is 12 Gallons, well planted, has sponge and ceramic tube filter with a cascade overflow and a air stone as well. The temp. Is a steady 25.5.
    Can anyone suggest a reason for this change of behavior? Is this a sign of a problem to come?

2. FishFor2018

FishFor2018Well Known MemberMember

not to loose your hope but this happened to my guppies and then died within 4 days. still have no clue what it was. When did you get your guppies and how long have they been in that tank?

3. OP
    OP
    H

HeronNew MemberMember

I have had 2 of them for 6 months and the other 2 for about 18 months. There is also 1 zebra danio,and 2 black phantom tetras that are 18 months old and 2 suckermouths that are 6 months old but none of these are acting strangely.

4. FishFor2018

how big of a tank?

5. OP
    OP
    H

HeronNew MemberMember

12 Gallons'

6. FishFor2018

okay you should probably start doing %15 water every 3 days for 1 week and then go back to weekly %25 water changes. i think your tank is a little overstocked but its okay. when you see a fish start to do this just do that and hopefully it will help. But if they get worse within 3 days just post again and me or someone else will help you figure out whats going on.
    Good Luck!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice