Guppies surface surfing

julien0101

Hi,

Firstly, how old are your baby mollies and what size are they? If they are of juvenile size, your tank is on the verge of being overstocked. If they are tiny babies, they may be eaten by the adult fish. And don't keep the babies in a breeder box.

Secondly, cory cats are schooling fish and need to be in a group of 6 or more, 2 would not suffice.

Finally for the question, what do you mean by surface surfing. If they are swimming actively and quickly on the surface then its fine because guppies and top level swimmers. If they look like suffocating and gasping for air on the surface then that means there is not enough oxygen in the tank. That could explain the improved result of adding an air stone. To find gasping you can see if their gills are moving quickly and as if they are trying to breath directly from air.

Hope it helps

ArowanaQueen

Hey......Was wondering that is it possible to have ALL that in a 25 gallon?
I myself have a 20 Gallon (pure water volume, 1 gallon for decor) and I am kinda spectacle whether 6 mollies would be too much for it.

julien0101

Yeah, the stockings of the 25 gallon is quite high. But then there is the issue of overstocking vs overcrowding. If you do a lot of water changes and have pristine water, then they may not have health issues, but only are not happy and irritated.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
  • Bettamay
  • Guppy
Replies
Views
Bettamay
Replies
Views
WRWAquarium
  • Question
  • Django