Guppies Slowly DYING?

JustenT

Reaction score
I bought 4 white guppies for a new lightly planted tank. They where all male. I’m not new the fish scene. I have had lots of tanks for being 17. Around 10 total. 5 right now including a saltwater. I know about the nitrogen cycle, and I let this tank cycle for months. The ammonia levels where 0, added the fish and they went up a tiny bit. I use the API Test kit. 3 of the guppies slowly died. So now I have 1. I thought maybe the flow was to high, I’m using the marina slI'm s10. It’s a 7.5 gallon rimless, and the flow looked about the same I would use for a betta. I looked at the remaining guppies fin, and they got shredded over night. Maybe the fish didn’t get along? I don’t want to lose this last one, does anyone know why. The tank is always between 74-76 F. Why did I lose 3 of them? There is a little bit of tannins from the drift wood in the tank, so it’s slightly yellow, could the PH make them suffer?

Epicoz

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I’ve kept guppies and they slowly died they don’t last that long

OP
JustenT

JustenT

Reaction score
It’s been a day or 2, I’ve never lost a fish, and it makes
Me feel bad You know?

JettsPapa said:
Maybe they just weren't healthy to begin with, and it's nothing on your end.
The store I got them for is kinda bad, bad hygiene. So maybe, I’ll do 20% daily, and watch for any signs, I haven’t lost a fish, in the 2 years I’ve kept them, so I feel bad when they die.

New Threads