Guppies Sitting In Corner

billy d
I have three guppies in my 10 gal...usually they are pretty active but today they are all huddled in a corner together? Is this normal? They do leave the corner and swim around but seem to keep going into the corner every now.and then

Attachments

• 20181007_104122.jpg
    20181007_104122.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 175
GuppyGuy007
They definitely do not look normal. What are the water parameters?( temp, ammonia, nitrite, nitrate)

ElectricBlueCrawfish1
They need more spots to hide in maybe. How ping have you had them?

How long have you had them?

billy d
How long have you had them?
All females.. original one about a year and a half..other two females are her fry prob 6 months. My platy does chase them around a bit..maybe more places to hide is it..

Guppy_Lover713
Definitely not normal, they should be swimming around a lot. What are the water parameters?

billy d
Definitely not normal, they should be swimming around a lot. What are the water parameters?
I'll do a test..they are back swimming around now but constantly chased around by the platy which makes me think they are hiding in corner. Territorial maybe

Guppy_Lover713
Yeah that could definitely be a reason why the guppies are staying in one area. How big is the tank? I have a danio who does the same thing as your platy and my guppies typically get chased to the bottom of the tank. Then after the guppies are not being chased anymore they just start exploring and swimming again, not learning from their mistakes and going back up to where the danio is soon enough lol.

billy d
Here are my results. My ph has always been around 8-8.2 as my my tap water has same ph.

Yeah that could definitely be a reason why the guppies are staying in one area. How big is the tank? I have a danio who does the same thing as your platy and my guppies typically get chased to the bottom of the tank. Then after the guppies are not being chased anymore they just start exploring and swimming again, not learning from their mistakes and going back up to where the danio is soon enough lol.
Only 10 gal

Attachments

• 20181007_122038.jpg
    20181007_122038.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 93
Kalyke
I had my guppies (endlers) in a large aquarium with plenty of cover but when I put an angelfish in the tank, I saw that they were hanging out in a safe area near the filter pipes and mechanical things. I realized that they were afraid of being eaten, and so I moved all of them (only 5) to a 10-gallon tank where I have a grow out group of khulI loaches, who do not have the mouths to eat them. They are moving all over this tank-- much happier. I also put in some frogbit which is a floating plant to make them feel more secure.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• MomeWrath
  • Guppy
Replies
Views
CrzyFishLady
  • HennaRose
  • Guppy
Replies
Views
FeederGuppies
  • Grace4514