Guppies Or Nah? Suggestions? Question

1. brousecasey12 Well Known Member Member

So it's been almost a year with my tank and I've honestly done nothing but just let it run by itself and i love it! However, my fish don't give me that extra color I was hoping for and wanted just a little excitement. I've always wanted guppies and to breed them(not for sale but for food for my bigger fish) but don't know if they would work. Also, I don't want to screw up my beautiful tank. I'll leave my current stock below and add a picture later!
    Current stock:
    1x Bristlenosed Pleco
    2x Angelfish
    3x cherry barbs
    3x pearl gouramis
    5x red serpae tetra
    5x Indian arrow glass heads
    5x black neon tetras
    All in a 55 gallon with plenty of plantation!!!
    Thanks for the help!!!

2. BottomDweller Fishlore VIP Member

I would not keep guppies with serape tetras or angelfish

3. brousecasey12 Well Known Member Member

4f487ac9de86b6f1d7135258e2b798de.jpg
    Here's my aquarium!

4. Tarlyn Initiate Member

In my experience guppies and angelfish don't mix well. Then again I've never had much luck with guppies at all.

5. brousecasey12 Well Known Member Member

Overall, I'm basically wondering if my aquarium is 100% stocked, because if it isn't, then why not be fully loaded??? It's like buying a car. You don't want the car with just the AC, you want the car with Bluetooth, sunroof, leather seats, etc.

6. OnTheFly Well Known Member Member

I don't think you are overstocked, (although I admit I don't know what an Indian Arrow Glasshead is). :) I'd probably skip the guppy plan unless you are looking for serpae food. Very few fry will get past them.

7. Tarlyn Initiate Member

A good way to see your stock level is here aqadvisor.com. It isn't perfect, but it'll give you a pretty good estimate.

EDIT: That calculator puts your current stock at about 120% stocking, I'd leave it as it is now.