Important Guppies can't move tails and turning white with fuzzy stuff on their gills

BlueSable

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Tank

What is the water volume of the tank? 10 gallons
How long has the tank been running? 4 weeks
Does it have a filter? yes
Does it have a heater? yes
What is the water temperature? 80F
What is the entire stocking of this tank? (Please list all fish and inverts.) Two female guppies

Maintenance
How often do you change the water? every day
How much of the water do you change? two
What do you use to treat your water? Prime
Do you vacuum the substrate or just the water? Just the water, I don't want my betta getting sick if I use the same siphon for both tanks. I do move the gravel around before taking water out so I can get stuff out of it.

*Parameters - Very Important
Did you cycle your tank before adding fish? Yes
What do you use to test the water? API Master Test kit
What are your parameters? We need to know the exact numbers, not just “fine” or “safe”.

Ammonia: 1.0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 20
pH: Unknown
This was before I changed 2 gallons today

Feeding
How often do you feed your fish? every day
How much do you feed your fish? 2 pellets
What brand of food do you feed your fish? Fluvel Bug Bites
Do you feed frozen or freeze-dried foods? I fed them a few freeze dried blood worms

Illness & Symptoms
How long have you had this fish? two days
How long ago did you first notice these symptoms? this morning
In a few words, can you explain the symptoms? Their tails lost color and turned white, and now they can't move them
Have you started any treatment for the illness? Added some Fin and Body Cure because someone on Amino told me to, but I doubt that will work. I also added two tablespoons of aquarium salt
Was your fish physically ill or injured upon purchase? One was, but they were both in the same tank
How has its behavior and appearance changed, if at all? They can't move anymore

Explain your emergency situation in detail. (Please give a clear explanation of what is going on, include details from the beginning of the illness leading up to now)
83508325_158946619177773_5558631064471080155_o.jpg

This morning one of them suddenly had no color in her tail, I figured it was stress
Snapchat-813138203.jpg

A few hours later the part of her body near her tail turned white

Now she can't move her tail and just swims in place

soon after the same thing happened to the other guppy.

Now they have fuzzy stuff on their gills and it looks like pieces of their skin are flaky

I have clove oil if I need to euthanize them,I've done it with goldfish before(dying from Ich) but I'd rather not give up on them if there's still a chance

Attachments

AquEric

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I talked to you earlier sounds like a fungus they may be to far gone a better way is to put them in a cup of water then the freezer they just go to sleep

GuppyDazzle

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
In my opinion clove oil is the most humane method of euthanizing guppies. If done correctly, as soon as you net the fish into the clove oil solution, it slows down, then it's unconscious within a few seconds. When I euthanize fish I drop them into the solution, then put the container into the freezer to make sure it's gone.

New Threads