Guppies being weird

1. Tdahl09 Member Member

[​IMG]
    Any one got any ideas?
    10gl cylcled tank
    Just transferred them yesterday from 40gl

2. Nicoldeme Member Member

It looks like there isn't enough oxygen in the water. Increase aeration, and also their poo is white and stringy. This is a common symptoms of internal parasites. I wouldn't put it past the majority of store-bought guppies to have parasites :I

3. Tdahl09 Member Member

There is an airsstone going on the other side of the tank and their are 2 platy fry in the tank as well that are acting normal. White stringy poop is actually clear but very stringy. What can I do for that?

4. Nicoldeme Member Member

Is the bubbler disturbing the surface? If there isn't obvious irritation, it won't be giving enough oxygen. As for the platys acting normally, I'm not sure why, but they've always seemed much more tolerant of lower oxygen levels than other fish. Some of your guppies look like they're about to burst as well, so maybe some of them are about to give birth? I've seen that behavior in fish that are about to drop fry, it's common, so oxygen may not be an issue.
    For the stringy poo, I'd use an overall dewormer. If you can't figure out a specific parasite to treat for, a cheap med may be your best shot. Do you see any other symptoms beside the poo?

5. TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

Can you test your water to make sure ammonia and nitrites aren't causing this too?

6. Tdahl09 Member Member

7. Tdahl09 Member Member

Yeah I tested it before I put them in the tank yesterday and it was 0/0/5 same this afternoon

8. TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

So it didn't change after you put them in?

9. Nicoldeme Member Member

Honestly, other than the poo, it looks like a simple issue of aeration. What type of filter do you have? If you have the right kind of filter, you may be able to create a waterfall effect that disturbs the surface.
    Beautiful tank, btw.

10. Tdahl09 Member Member

No i had a betta and a cray in there before they were in there I did a water change after testing and then put them in. Then tested again today when I got home at 6pm and it was the same. I just put in another air tube that has a bigger bubble to move more surface area

11. Tdahl09 Member Member

Thanks! I put in more airstrips the filter is an internal whisper 10 that I have slightly above the water to make a small wave affect on the top of the water https://vimeo.com/171038016

12. Nicoldeme Member Member

You should be alright now, that looks like enough aeration. The fish are still at the top? You might want to look into other issues, if your fish aren't birthing and you have enough aeration. When I had guppies, they came home with velvet and displayed those symptoms. They only lasted a few days due to this, but I got a good look at their behavior. I doubt it's something as serious as velvet, but who knows?
    How long have you had the fish? Are they new, or did you raise them yourself? Do they look like they have a light gold dusting on them? Are their gills black, pale, or inflamed?

13. Tdahl09 Member Member

They honestly look completely normal I have had them for maybe a month they were getting picked off slowly by my blood parrot or angel in the 40 gl so I did some tank swapping and thought the remaining 3 would be happy in the 10 gl. 2 are moving around a bit more now one is still just sitting at the top. Hopefully it was just the airation. Thanks for your help. I will update tmrw after work.

14. Nicoldeme Member Member

It's good that they're moving :) Do you see any fry?

15. Tdahl09 Member Member

Nope no babies but everyone seems better today! Thanks for the help everyone!

16. Nicoldeme Member Member

Welcome :;hug2