Guppies attacking Rabbit snails

Wanda2

Hi guys.. about 3 weeks ago I got 3 rabbit snails ( hoping to have a pair) they have been in a 10 gallon quarantine tank.. This morning I went to put 1 of them in my 20 gallon guppy aquarium and the poor thing got mobbed by guppies! Looked t like they were picking at his head.. I took him out.. I didn’t want the guppies to hurt his eyes or anything.. I was told guppies and snails were good tank mates.. I would like to know if the guppies will hurt the rabbit snails. Thanks

awilkinson871

Rabbit snails show a lot of exposed flesh. If the guppies were pecking at it I would not risk it. I will also say that generally the only thing you add to a tank is food and adding the snail means it is likely food or an intruder that is taking over their territory.

Demeter

I had to move my entire colony of rabbit snails into another tank so the female guppies I recently added would leave them alone. They got picked on so much they wouldn’t come out to feed until lights out. Now they are with angels, a betta, and BN plecos all of which leave them be. If only I could get the snails to leave my jungle vals alone it would be perfect.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Wanda2
  • rcordova233
  • Snails
Replies
Views
aliray
  • Question
Replies
Views