Guppies And Neon Tetras? 10 Gallon Tank

1. A

Andy1124 Initiate Member

Hi everyone new to the site, but happy to find a place with people who have the same hobby. I have a cycled 10 gallon tank and I wanna add some male guppies and neon tetras to it how many of each can I keep if any? Or is the tank too small? I would appreciate any help I can get. Thanks :)

2. Fanatic

Fanatic Fishlore VIP Member

Hello!

You will need a 20 gallon to house neons, but you can keep some guppies in a ten gallon. I would put more than five in a ten, and that many with neons in a 20. Many people believe that neons are great for ten gallons, but actually, they are way too active for the footprint and need a larger area.

3. finnipper59

finnipper59 Well Known Member Member

The guppies would be fine. But neons at this stage in history I don't recommend for any size tank. They became easy to tank raise a few years ago and have become so inbred that you are almost guaranteed disease problems with them. I make recommendations all the time of what medication to treat them with. But I know that if they manage to cure ich, they wond up with another post later with another problem. Their inbred disposition has gotten them to the point where they can't seem to survive any disease. All of the dwarf species of Gouramis are getting to be the same way.