Guppies - All Male?

ValerieAdams

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Is it possible to do all male guppies? Or is it better to do them in pairs or 1 male to 3 females? I'm planning on getting 4 Red Cobra in a 29 gallon community tank, I don't necessarily want babies but I want them to get along and want at least one male.

Western

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Ive had 6 all male guppies in my 40 litre for nearly a yer now they are really playfull with each other flaring displaying there macho colours definatley ok all male.

aquatickeeper

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
They might be aggressive to each other if you keep males only. It depends on the guppy. It could work.

What other fish do you have in your tank?

ValerieAdams

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
aquatickeeper said:
They might be aggressive to each other if you keep males only. It depends on the guppy. It could work.

What other fish do you have in your tank?
They would be my first fish. I have a 29 gallon & am planning on them, tetras, cories & a dwarf gourami

Western

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I have 3 yellow guppies and 3 red from the local aquarium store they were from seperate tanms and they are really happy......how would they not be are you saying they bully eachother if not bred together?

-Sofia-

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Western said:
I have 3 yellow guppies and 3 red from the local aquarium store they were from seperate tanms and they are really happy......how would they not be are you saying they bully eachother if not bred together?
If you are referring to my comment I meant it's just that you have a better chance for them to work out, I too have guppies that weren't bred together that are getting along very well. It's just that some people have guppies that do end up bullying one another if they weren't bred together but some have it working just fine

Western

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
-Sofia- said:
If you are referring to my comment I meant it's just that you have a better chance for them to work out, I too have guppies that weren't bred together that are getting along very well. It's just that some people have guppies that do end up bullying one another if they weren't bred together but some have it working just fine
First ive heard of this but good to know what signs should you look out for if they are bullying as i was thinking of expanding with new ones in another tank?

RainBetta

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Yes! When guppies are kept in gender-only tanks they actually can live longer! Not breeding helps their health

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom