Gunna e-mail PetCo. Have a quick question.

Akari_32

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Thanks Moon!

P.S. I'm not good with that size tank, so I didnt post >.<

Heather M

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Akari_32 said:
Got an email back! I'm pretty happy with the response, but never having e-mailed them before, I'm not sure if its just a bunch of ****, or what. Any who, here it is-

Dear ***,

Thank you for contacting PETCO regarding your concern with our store at ***. We are sorry to hear about your recent experience.

I was horrified when I read you email below. I will be frustrated if this store's environment on the fish section. This store doesn't seem to meet our high standards of animal care. To that end, I have forwarded your concerns to the appropriate upper management in charge of the store to ensure your complaint is addressed. We have every confidence our managers will respond with urgency to make sure an animal has everything it needs and is in good health. I assure you we take complaints like these very seriously.

Again, please accept our apologies.

Please know that we care about our customers and what they think of us. By letting us know when we fall short of your expectations, we have the opportunity to address your concerns and to be better prepared to meet your expectations in the future. If we can be of any further assistance, please feel free to reply to this communication or call PETCO Customer Relations directly at 1-888-824-PALS (7257). Thank you again for contacting PETCO.

Sincerely,

Domingo A.
Customer Relations Coordinator

The part I italicised was all in smaller font then the rest of the e-mail. Not sure if that part was the general copy/paste that everyone gets, or if they just had font sizing issues, because that happens to me all the time when I send e-mails lol
That is the most un-genaric Petco message I've ever read. Congrats! Hopefully they'll actually do something.

LyndaB

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Little late for input, I know, but....

You did a really great job with the composition and tone of your email. You were politely stating your concerns as well as offering sage advice. I commend you for that and I'm very sure that that is why you received the response you did.

You made a difference..... well done.

Akari_32

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Heather M said:
That is the most un-genaric Petco message I've ever read. Congrats! Hopefully they'll actually do something.
I hope so! In a few days I will go in and check to see if they have done anything about it :;nin

LyndaB said:
Little late for input, I know, but....

You did a really great job with the composition and tone of your email. You were politely stating your concerns as well as offering sage advice. I commend you for that and I'm very sure that that is why you received the response you did.

You made a difference..... well done.
Thanks ^///^ You have no idea how many times I redid it, or re-read it because I'm good at not having gramar and spelling >.< At one point, I ended up with exactly 0 characters left in the little e-mail box lol

I really hope the store manager does something about it! She's really nice, but she really needs a helper! She's always running around like a chicken with its head cut off, while most of the employees just kinda hang out D=

lea

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Maybe she'd have you as a part time assistant

Again, well done!

RiverStoneBetta

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I'm writing a similar letter to a Petsmart branch in the St. Louis area. I received a school of neon tetras that gave my betta Flynn columnaris and killed him. Their bettas are kept on a single shelve inside a podium, so most of them don't even get enough light most of the day. Their water conditions are similar to your story, and I've counted several dead. Friends of mine who have also left for college have bought bettas that died within a few days. Their aquatics section is covered in dust, and most of their supplies are past expiration date.

Akari_32

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
*UPDATE*

I went in to PetCo today after missing my turn on my way home (oops >.<), and there was no change... The cups were a little, tiny bit more clean, but other then that, nothing. There were still dead fish on the shelves, still fish that couldnt swim from collapsed fins... I guess I'll give them alittle bit longer before I confront someone at the store itself D-=<

Meenu

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
It is NOT illegal to take pictures in a store. Why are people thinking that? I mean, my sister does it all the time, takes a pic of a shirt or shoes and texts it to me to see if I want her to buy it for my kids.

ilovemyfishies

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I agree, i have 2 female bettas and when i got them from Petsmart they were sad looking and just sitting in once spot of the small cups. But now they thrive and act nothing like they did in the small dixie cup Plus sometimes the water they are in is pure blue?

lea

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
ilovemyfishies - If you're not happy with Petsmart, follow Akari and make your opinion known .

The blue water is methylene blue - a good generic antibacterial which stops illness/finrot breaking out in the little tanks. Useful for stores and for a home medication, but i'd not keep a fish permanently in it.

ilovemyfishies

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I e-mailed PetSmart, i am hoping to get a response

lea

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Good for you!

e_watson09

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Meenu said:
It is NOT illegal to take pictures in a store. Why are people thinking that? I mean, my sister does it all the time, takes a pic of a shirt or shoes and texts it to me to see if I want her to buy it for my kids.
SilverMoonWolf said:
Well it might be illigal to take pics, so id find out if it is before taking them. (i agree 100% about their lack of betta care, just today i saw a dead betta floating verticaly in one of their tiny cups.:mad
FiremouthGuy said:
It is illegal to take pictures on private property! It is still private property, even though they invite people to it. If you take pictures, they could probably take you to court, sadly. Don't take pictures! It would help if it were legal, but it's not... More power to you on writing them though! Perhaps you can get that one PetCo to start working on better betta care...
Taking photos inside stores without permision isn't illegal but the store can ask you to leave which at that point you are breaking the law by trespassing. If I were you I would just go up to one of the employees and tell them you are working on a "project" and you would like to take pictures of some of their fish if that is okay. You do not have to say what kind of project, and if they ask just say its personal research to decide on what fish you are interested in. Most stores will not tell you no, I bet many of them would say yes and not even ask any other questions.

lea

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
off topic but - ilovemyfishies - I just read your sig. How on earth are you going to put 2 females and a male in a 6.6g? :-\

Sororities have a poor history of working out, and males should certainly not be kept with females.

6.6g is good for one betta only imo. Please consider your tanks carefully.

Sorry, back on topic

steve(redlakefalls,mn)

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
just want to put my 2cents in.i have had aprob with walmart and there fish tanks.i did not have to take pics of the filth and lack of care,i was persistant and kept on them on how they miss managed there tanks.it took a while but know i can go in (and believe me they watch me),and there tanks look pristeen and i havent seen dead fish in two months,i will and still do talk to people who want to buy fish there,the employees have even said how they like it when i talk to the people about the fish,they sometimes do not know about these fish and are not real sure about them.be persistant and furm and it just might get you somewear.BE A PEST IF YOU HAVE TO.but dont push it ,it will just get you barred from the place.best to show your knowledge than to show your ignorance.give it a try.not all places are perfect,just like people.

ilovemyfishies

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
lea said:
off topic but - ilovemyfishies - I just read your sig. How on earth are you going to put 2 females and a male in a 6.6g? :-\

Sororities have a poor history of working out, and males should certainly not be kept with females.

6.6g is good for one betta only imo. Please consider your tanks carefully.

Sorry, back on topic
I was going to use seperate them, and everyone says bettas shouldnt be kept in bowls, so i felt guilty because 2 of my bettas are in bowls...and a 6.6 gallon is all i could afford :-[

e_watson09

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
steve(redlakefalls said:
just want to put my 2cents in.i have had aprob with walmart and there fish tanks.i did not have to take pics of the filth and lack of care,i was persistant and kept on them on how they miss managed there tanks.it took a while but know i can go in (and believe me they watch me),and there tanks look pristeen and i havent seen dead fish in two months,i will and still do talk to people who want to buy fish there,the employees have even said how they like it when i talk to the people about the fish,they sometimes do not know about these fish and are not real sure about them.be persistant and furm and it just might get you somewear.BE A PEST IF YOU HAVE TO.but dont push it ,it will just get you barred from the place.best to show your knowledge than to show your ignorance.give it a try.not all places are perfect,just like people.
Walmart by me has officially done away with all of their fish

ilovemyfishies said:
I was going to use seperate them, and everyone says bettas shouldnt be kept in bowls, so i felt guilty because 2 of my bettas are in bowls...and a 6.6 gallon is all i could afford :-[
If you do not have the male yet I would pass just because the fish would be happiest in about 5 gallons each. I would just separate the tank and have the two girls in there.

ilovemyfishies

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Oh, okay thanks!

lea

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
+1 e-watson09

Girls are just as fun as the boys, you, and they, will be happy with a divided 6.6g.

All the best ilovemyfishies

And awesome news about walMart!

Akari_32

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom