Guianacara stergiosi - anyone have any info?

Discussion in 'American Cichlids' started by midthought, Apr 19, 2010.

1. midthoughtWell Known MemberMember

So perusing Craigslist, I found someone in my area selling some Guianacara stergiosi. I haven't contacted the guy yet, as I'm just curious at this point. My basic online research indicates that they are a dwarf South American cichlid that grows to 3 inches. Not finding a lot of other info though. Would one or two get along with my blue ram (or two) in a tank as small as 29g? Could they interbreed? Does anyone have any experience with these guys?

Edit: attached pic.
    Editx2: I found the most comprehensive info on these guys at some cichlid forums:  . It sounds like they do best in shoals and get become bullies in community tanks. Also they're not so much dwarf as they are medium (some say 4, some 6 inches). Part of me really wants 55+ gallon tank for these guys, but it just ain't happening. Still, awesome fish. I hope they go to a good home.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 19, 2010
  2. ButterflyModeratorModerator Member

Nice fish :) Does sound like you would need a bigger tank.
    Carol

3. NutterFishlore VIPMember

I don't know anything about them I'm afraid. Maybe you should send Btate a PM asking about them. He's really good when it comes to american cichlids, especially Geos & Gymnos.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice