Guess What I Did? Accidently Fried My Fish

Sarah73

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
So...i was doing a water change in my 10 gallon hospital tank. I wasn't paying attention and it was 90 degrees outside so you can imagine how hot the water gets in the pipes. Anyway I started to see the fish go upside down and I went to grab some of them and I was like oh my god! The water is so freaken hot! So then I quickly drained most of the tank and turned the water freezing as I was freaking out, all of the cories turning upside down. I grabbed 10 ice cubes and quickly put them in, feeling the water cool...i was freaking out so much oh my gosh. I was sweating after I was done.

75g Discus Tank

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
It nearly happened to me.

My WC bucket is a 55 gallon drum outside. Well that night, it dropped to below freezing(extremely rare).

So I proceeded as normal with a WC. I was about to pour the water back in, but I felt the coldness.

This was my Discus tank. Not too much water went in though.

I spend the next 2 hours heating it up with room heaters.

CloudTheFluffy

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I’ve done that but almost froze everybody.
In my old 20g when it was up and running. I was out of water conditioner and was on town water at the time so I left a 10g bucket outside
Then I proceeded to dump it into the tank the next day. It was absolutely freezing and i didn’t even realize until all my fish were being slow and one had died. :/

Sarah73

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Awe dang sorry to hear and yes they all lived!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom