Experience
1 year
These guys:

263.jpg

Moved into a new home:

265.jpg

And got a new friend in the process!

268.jpg

He has a fantail, but he's built a lot like a regular goldfish. He doesn't have a very deep body. He's only slightly fatter than my shubunkins. He seems to be getting along great with everyone else!

Here are some pics of all the pond inhabitants together. This is a 5 gallon acrylic kritter keeper for size reference.

267.jpg

Left to right in the above picture: Unsexed juvenile fantail, female (I think) baby feeder goldfish, female juvie shubunkin (in back), male juvie shubunkin (in front).

270.jpg

Here are some pics of the pond being set up. It's a 100 gallon Rubebrmade stock tank.

First comes the sand...

272.jpg

Then the decorations...

274.jpg

Then I start filling it up. I dampened the sand before filling it and it really seemed to help it not cloud over.

276.jpg

Here it's nearly filled up, and I decided to go ahead and float the fish in bags.

278.jpg

And here it is when everyone is released! You can see the male shubunkin and the baby feeder in the bottom left corner.

265.jpg

So, what do y'all think?

Tana

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Very cool looking fish and that looks like the same stock tank I have. They will love it in there.

You might want to consider (if you haven't already) getting some floating pond plants like water lettuce or water hyacinth's if they aren't restricted for you. They'll help provide shade for your hot summers and protection for the fish. Mine love spawning on the long roots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Water Change Frequency?

• Daily

Votes: 4 3.0%
  • Weekly

Votes: 88 66.2%
  • Every Two Weeks

Votes: 15 11.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • As Needed (from test kit results or based on knowing your tank)

Votes: 24 18.0%

Top Bottom