Guess What? :-D

Discussion in 'Goldfish' started by MaddieLynn, Apr 8, 2010.

1. MaddieLynn

MaddieLynnWell Known MemberMember

These guys:

263.jpg

Moved into a new home:

265.jpg

And got a new friend in the process!

268.jpg

He has a fantail, but he's built a lot like a regular goldfish. He doesn't have a very deep body. He's only slightly fatter than my shubunkins. He seems to be getting along great with everyone else!

Here are some pics of all the pond inhabitants together. This is a 5 gallon acrylic kritter keeper for size reference.

267.jpg

Left to right in the above picture: Unsexed juvenile fantail, female (I think) baby feeder goldfish, female juvie shubunkin (in back), male juvie shubunkin (in front).

270.jpg

Here are some pics of the pond being set up. It's a 100 gallon Rubebrmade stock tank.

First comes the sand...

272.jpg

Then the decorations...

274.jpg

Then I start filling it up. I dampened the sand before filling it and it really seemed to help it not cloud over.

276.jpg

Here it's nearly filled up, and I decided to go ahead and float the fish in bags.

278.jpg

And here it is when everyone is released! You can see the male shubunkin and the baby feeder in the bottom left corner.

265.jpg

So, what do y'all think?

2. angelfish220

angelfish220Well Known MemberMember

looks fun!

Is it outside? did you sink it or is it above ground?

3. Jake the Fish

Jake the FishValued MemberMember

Wow that looks cool.
    It looks like your driftwood didn't sink properly though.lol

4. Aquarist

AquaristFishlore LegendMember

Good morning,

You've done a great job with the pond. Beautiful Goldies!
    Ken

5. OP
    OP
    MaddieLynn

It's outside and above ground. The driftwood is almost sunk completely now. It's taken around 7-10 days.

6. Tana

TanaValued MemberMember

Very cool looking fish and that looks like the same stock tank I have. They will love it in there.

You might want to consider (if you haven't already) getting some floating pond plants like water lettuce or water hyacinth's if they aren't restricted for you. They'll help provide shade for your hot summers and protection for the fish. Mine love spawning on the long roots.

7. Red1313

Red1313Fishlore VIPMember

Great setup :D
    Wish I had the room to do that even if it was just for the summer

8. shellbell4everWell Known MemberMember

Looks fantastic!!!what kind of filter are you going to use?I was thinking of looking into a small pond like that :)

9. bolivianbaby

bolivianbabyFishlore LegendMember

That looks fabulous! Congratulations on your new goldfish and I'm sure all of your goldfisyh are loving their new home!

10. Furallicah

FurallicahWell Known MemberMember

Very nice set up congrats!

11. OP
    OP
    MaddieLynn

I'm building a homemade filter using a powerhead for a motor. It's going to be a small rubbermaid tub filled with filter media that the powerhead pumps water through.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice