Guess I’ll Finally Stop Lurking And Introduce Myself.

Lysander

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Hello. I’m not new to the forum, but I am new to having an actual account. I’ve been hanging around here for a few months on perpetration for my betta tank. Figured now that I finally have it, I may as well officially join.
I have two ghost shrimp, yet to be named, a mystery snail known as Roomba, and my little water dog himself, SharkBait the Betta.
I absolutely adore betta fish, they are the species that got me into the hobby, though I’ve always loves working with animals. I’ve kept frogs, mice, gerbils, hamsters, dogs, cats and now fish. I’ve even been working a lot with cacti. Very much a hand in every pot type person, I suppose.
I’m very excited to finally get my tank started. For the foreseeable future, I’m a freshwater keeper. No desire for salt water. In the future I think I’d love to have a large planted tank, but that’s a while off. Maybe even getting into the fish breeding and selling business, not sure yet. I’m happy starting out with my smaller planted betta tank.
I’m looking forward to engaging with and learning from everyone here!

jmaldo

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Lysander
I suppose most of us were "Lurkers".
Plenty of "Betta" keepers here.
Welcome Welcome Welcome!
:;bananawater:;bananawater:;bananawater

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Hello, and welcome to fishlore! I think we all lurked at one point before finally creating our accounts

SnailsGalore

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
This is too funny - I have the exact situation you do. I started out with a betta, mystery snail, and ghost shrimp. They’re quite the combo! Love the name Roomba for the snail! I’ve been lurking, too, and you might have just inspired me to go introduce myself! Thanks!

OP
Lysander

Lysander

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
SnailsGalore said:
This is too funny - I have the exact situation you do. I started out with a betta, mystery snail, and ghost shrimp. They’re quite the combo! Love the name Roomba for the snail! I’ve been lurking, too, and you might have just inspired me to go introduce myself! Thanks!
They’re a pretty solid group, I’d say. Very reliable. Glad I could be inspirational!

wintermute

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I guess I was also a lurker. I was doing lots of research for my transition from many years of gold fish keeping to tropical fish and this forum just kept popping up! I only joined recently myself

Tony.

Guppygirl88

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Lysander said:
Hello. I’m not new to the forum, but I am new to having an actual account. I’ve been hanging around here for a few months on perpetration for my betta tank. Figured now that I finally have it, I may as well officially join.
I have two ghost shrimp, yet to be named, a mystery snail known as Roomba, and my little water dog himself, SharkBait the Betta.
I absolutely adore betta fish, they are the species that got me into the hobby, though I’ve always loves working with animals. I’ve kept frogs, mice, gerbils, hamsters, dogs, cats and now fish. I’ve even been working a lot with cacti. Very much a hand in every pot type person, I suppose.
I’m very excited to finally get my tank started. For the foreseeable future, I’m a freshwater keeper. No desire for salt water. In the future I think I’d love to have a large planted tank, but that’s a while off. Maybe even getting into the fish breeding and selling business, not sure yet. I’m happy starting out with my smaller planted betta tank.
Lysander said:

Guppygirl88

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
welcome - we are all lurkers here - we lurk in front of our tanks, other peoples tanks, local fish store tanks I don't like the word lurker I prefer contemplator. (Big Smile for You)

New Threads