1. Amazon Prime Day!
    Attention Amazon Prime Members: Not to miss deals on lots of products for 36 hours starting July 15!
    Go here: Amazon Prime Day Deals
    Dismiss Notice

Guess I’ll Finally Stop Lurking And Introduce Myself.

Discussion in 'Welcome to FishLore' started by Lysander, Jun 2, 2019.

1. LysanderNew MemberMember

Hello. I’m not new to the forum, but I am new to having an actual account. I’ve been hanging around here for a few months on perpetration for my betta tank. Figured now that I finally have it, I may as well officially join.
    I have two ghost shrimp, yet to be named, a mystery snail known as Roomba, and my little water dog himself, SharkBait the Betta.
    I absolutely adore betta fish, they are the species that got me into the hobby, though I’ve always loves working with animals. I’ve kept frogs, mice, gerbils, hamsters, dogs, cats and now fish. I’ve even been working a lot with cacti. Very much a hand in every pot type person, I suppose.
    I’m very excited to finally get my tank started. For the foreseeable future, I’m a freshwater keeper. No desire for salt water. In the future I think I’d love to have a large planted tank, but that’s a while off. Maybe even getting into the fish breeding and selling business, not sure yet. I’m happy starting out with my smaller planted betta tank.
    I’m looking forward to engaging with and learning from everyone here!

2. LadygloValued MemberMember

Welcome!

3. StarGirl15Valued MemberMember

Welcome!

4. smee82Fishlore VIPMember

Welcome

5. OhDaniGirlValued MemberMember

Welcome to the forum! Pictures of your finned friends are always nice! :D

6. gorejusdesignValued MemberMember

I was a lurker too! Welcome to the club, hope you enjoy it here! :happy:

7. ElkwatcherValued MemberMember

Hello!

8. jmaldoWell Known MemberMember

@Lysander
    I suppose most of us were "Lurkers".
    Plenty of "Betta" keepers here.
    Welcome Welcome Welcome!
    :;bananawater:;bananawater:;bananawater

9. PokeTileCraft101Valued MemberMember

Hello, i hope you enjoy the forum!

10. FanaticFishlore VIPMember

Hello, and welcome to fishlore! I think we all lurked at one point before finally creating our accounts :)

11. LysanderNew MemberMember

I don’t have the greatest photos yet, but I do have these
    IMG_2140.JPGIMG_2212.JPGIMG_2216.JPGIMG_2153.JPG

12. SnailsGaloreValued MemberMember

This is too funny - I have the exact situation you do. I started out with a betta, mystery snail, and ghost shrimp. They’re quite the combo! Love the name Roomba for the snail! I’ve been lurking, too, and you might have just inspired me to go introduce myself! Thanks!

13. LysanderNew MemberMember

They’re a pretty solid group, I’d say. Very reliable. Glad I could be inspirational!

14. wintermuteValued MemberMember

I guess I was also a lurker. I was doing lots of research for my transition from many years of gold fish keeping to tropical fish and this forum just kept popping up! I only joined recently myself :)

Tony.

15. Guppygirl88Valued MemberMember

16. Guppygirl88Valued MemberMember

welcome - we are all lurkers here - we lurk in front of our tanks, other peoples tanks, local fish store tanks I don't like the word lurker I prefer contemplator. (Big Smile for You)