Guess His Breed! Question

1. FishL:)) Well Known Member Member

Just got this weeks VERRRY cute foster puppy. I loaded a picture so everyone that knows about dogs can see him and guess his breed. The shelter vet said he is a mix breed. He love running,squeaky toys, being held,and FOOD. I hope the picture is clear! I tried a video but that didn't work out. :)

759a67b59cf447b7bfac927e5a8af302.jpg 1be88f5cf94a9271aa8410d731772346.jpg

2. 2211Nighthawk Well Known Member Member

Oh my word he's adorable. He's got a very wrinkly face so that's part of something. I don't know my breeds that well unless parents are almost pure and then the puppies I can sometimes guess. He looks like he's gonna get big though. :)

3. Blue Bea Member Member

Curly tail and wrinkly face...part Sharpei maybe? Whatever he is, he is a cutie!!! Congrats to both of you!

4. FishL:)) Well Known Member Member

Yes, he's very cute! I only foster puppies, so he goes back next week to be put up for adoption... :(
    Ever heard of Rescue Village Geauga Humane Society? That's where I foster for. It's great. :)

Yes, his wrinkles does mean something! I really wish I new!

5. 2211Nighthawk Well Known Member Member

Ooh maybe. On the lesser side I think with his body proportions but he's a puppy so they're always out of wack...

6. Blue Bea Member Member

I haven't heard of that group. Being a foster can be difficult and rewarding. You love them and then have to give them to a new family. It's wonderful that you foster. Good foster parents can be so hard to find. I used to drive a leg of a rescue railroad (to transport longer distances) and home inspections for rescues. It was fun and sad at the same time.

Good luck to him. I hope he finds his furever home soon.

7. MC4RKiller Member Member

The floppy ears and longer legs speak hound to me. However he is probably what we lovingly call here a "Heinz 57" meaning there is no real discernible breed present because he is a mix of two mixbreed dogs. This is great news for you as he is less likely to develop breed specific allergies and typically they are healthier dogs. Only down side is its hard to say what he will really end up looking like. Pups are usually out of whack(good statement above) but based on his feet/legs he will probably be a medium-large dog. Cute as heck now and will probably end up being quite handsome as an adult. Great rescue!

8. Piaelliott Well Known Member Member

So cute! Hound/Shepherd mix is my guess.

9. 2211Nighthawk Well Known Member Member

My neighbors bought a purebred lab (mutts are just as good in my option and had the price) that had ginormous feet. He was cute but what a clutz!

10. FishL:)) Well Known Member Member

Yeah, the out of wack is what makes puppies cute. :) :)

11. FishL:)) Well Known Member Member

Anyone think maybe he's a little bit Australian Shepherd?