guelph area beta breeders ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by w_boughner, Mar 18, 2010.

1. w_boughnerValued MemberMember

does any one know of any beta breeders in guelph area i will ned 14 for center peiceses at my wedding preferably the same colour wich i wouldnt find 14 the same colour at the lfs any help appreciated

2. harpua2002

harpua2002Fishlore VIPMember

I don't think a breeder is going to sell bettas for centerpieces, at least not the breeders on Fishlore....

3. Martinismommy

MartinismommyFishlore VIPMember

That is seriously the worse thing you can do to your guests and Betta fish....Flowers make a nice centerpiece...Betta fish make wonderful companions....

4. OP
    OP
    w

w_boughnerValued MemberMember

thats what she wants and the guests will be taking them home at the end of the night and 6 already have homes of we can get them

dont meen to be hostal so pls dont take it that way but thats what she wants and the guests can take them home at the end of the night plus 6 already have homes with the wedding party so finding a home for 8 bettas with 150 people wont be hard

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2010
  5. Shawnie

ShawnieFishlore LegendMember

having homes for a betta and properly having a home for a betta, are 2 different things..I highly doubt everyone that takes home the "centerpiece" fish is going to have a nice filtered/heated/3g or more tank.....I doubt you will find any reliable/reputable breeder willing to sell you fish knowing the purpose you are using them for ....not being hostile either but thats just the way allot of us will feel here..

6. FishVixen

FishVixenValued MemberMember

:;fru I'm sorry I am being hostile. That is cruel treatment for a pet. (yes fish are pets not decorations!) We don't always get what we want so your "bride" will have to deal with it. Let her read this forum so she can understand. Maybe you have to "want what you want" also and tell her NO WAY! Who knows what will end up in the "decorations" by the end of the night. Do you know that ash from a cigerrette will kill a fish? They can get knocked over and Betta will be on the floor. Please if you have any concern for animals convince your "bride" not to have pets at her reception.:'(

THIS LITTLE GUY WAS A RESCUE!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 19, 2010
  7. OP
    OP
    w

want 8 more in october

8. Lucy

LucyModeratorModerator Member

Please don't be glib.

The members of this forum are passionate about proper and humane treatment of animals.

It will be your responsibility that these 'left over' beautiful creatures get the proper home they deserve.

Try and remember, when it comes to animals, it's not what we want, it's all about about what's right for the fish.

9. sirdarksol

sirdarksolFishlore LegendMember

While I think this is one of the more horrific centerpiece ideas I've heard of (I wish it wasn't so common), I commend you that you've already found six people who will have heated, cycled aquaria ready for these poor creatures when they get home.

I agree with Lucy that, when it comes to pets, what we want should play second fiddle to what's best for the animal.

10. FishVixen

If she is insistant, can you print out little "care sheets" for the centerpeices. With instructions on how to properly take care of a Betta? It's only a suggestion.At least they will have a chance. The other idea is to have 1 centerpeice on the wedding party table with a Betta and 14 matching without fish on the other tables. Please these are only suggestions for the concern of a pet. Thanks

Last edited: Mar 20, 2010
  11. sirdarksol

sirdarksolFishlore LegendMember

Whether or not we agree with an idea, posts must always remain polite. In particular, with such a charged topic as this, it is important to take care to be polite, even when disagreeing with someone else.

12. Red1313

Red1313Fishlore VIPMember

I'm afraid that I've heard too many horror stories involving fish (betta's or goldfish) that have been used as center pieces.
    - "Fighting" the bettas
    - Giving the fish a "drink" of the alcoholic variety.
    - Goldfish dying from ammonia poisoning between being placed in the "centerpieces" before for the reception even begins.
    - Centerpieces being knocked over
    Are just a few of the horrors that could happen.

13. FishVixen

Who knows maybe someone at the wedding my get "hooked" and we will met them here on FishLore. With proper planning and research it may work out. I must say I am impressed you have found "homes" for 6 of them already. If you can get 8 more before the reception that would be great. Hey I'm trying to understand. Alot of fish are used as decorations just go into a Doctors office.

14. OP
    OP
    w

the care sheets and food have been a in the plan since she had the thaught of bettas and the vases are almost 3 gl with a recomendation of filter or tank and i found a local breeder who thinks its a great idea and will help me out

15. FishVixen

I appologies for jumping off the deep end. It seems like you are making plans to protect the fish. I do wish you and your bride much joy for that day. I'm just used to people who don't think of fish as pets and it seems that you and your fiancie (?) do care.

i

16. OP
    OP
    w

thanks for the congrats from evry one and i doo care about the survival of the fish thats y i refused to do gold fish cuz they would be dead by the morning after. and if they dont find a home that night ill take them home til they do have a home

17. Red1313

Red1313Fishlore VIPMember

If you're willing to put the work into taking responsibility for them then hat's off to you and best of luck :)

18. Tigerfishy

TigerfishyWell Known MemberMember

Oooh, I'd like a pic of what it looks like!! I'll be waiting until Oct...
    Many congrats at finding good homes, care sheets with filter and heater reqs, having large 3g centrepieces.

I would be far too paranoid to trust my friends with alcohol and fish! Wishing you all the best and if there's any leftovers, ship 'em to me! (Only kidding, I wouldn't want the poor guys to travel all the way to me!)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice