Guaunchy Interview

AJE
Guanchy What is your occupation?

Guanchy
Hey! I work as an assistant manager for an architecture firm.

I'm also a fashion photographer on my free time!

AJE
What is the most expensive thing you have broken?

Guanchy
umm I think it was my mother's brand new bathroom marble sink lol I put all my weight on it to grab something from the top and the whole thing came down and broke on the floor into pieces!

AJE
How do you pronounce betta? Like how a New Yorker says better or bet a or bait a?

Guanchy
hahaha totally like a New Yorker! I live in New York so yeah lol

AJE
Do you have a family/girlfriend/wife/kids?

Guanchy
yess! a beautiful wife and beautful 6 months old baby girl! we have been married for 1 year and a few months

AJE
Nice, are they into fish also? What are there tanks like(yes, I am including your daughter)?

Guanchy
My wife is not really into fish keeping. Sometimes I talk to her about my fish and tanks and she enjoys it but that's about it.

My baby looooves my tanks! everyday when I get home and I sit with her in front of my tank and she smiles and get so excited

AJE
When is she getting her own tank?

Guanchy
I have been thinking on setting up a 5 gallon for a baby betta that I have for her but my wife has this whole idea of doing a "Moana theme" fish tank for the baby.... idk how I feel about all that colorful gravel and pink ornaments everywhere lol

AJE
Does your baby even know what Moana is? Here is how I would theme it look at what princess movies Disney is planning in the next three to five years and set it up like that, then she’ll get it. How about what are ALL your pets?

Guanchy
well she is only 6 months so she doenst know what Moana is lol but my wife always plays the movie for her and she loves all the colors and gets super excited!

I have a pair of guinea pigs as well and a Shihtzu!

AJE
How about fish wise how many fish and what are they, what tank size? How many tanks?

Iverg1
What do you specialize in? (On fishlore) How long have you been in the hobby?

Guanchy
How about fish wise how many fish and what are they, what tank size? How many tanks?

Ok so I have two tanks currently. a 5 gallon tank with a red male betta, the one in the profile picture. and I have 7 ember tetras in there. ( I'm upgrading the tank soon don't worry) lol

I have a nano 10 gallon tank with red cherry shrimp and I have a peacock goby in there and a baby betta that would be getting his own tank once he gets a bit older.

here is a picture of the tank.

IMG_6165.JPEG

I'm moving in about a month I already have a 30 gallon waiting to be set up in the new apartment. Not sure what ill be keeping there yet.

Guanchy
What do you specialize in? (On fishlore) How long have you been in the hobby?

When you say specialize are you referring to the type of fish I keep?
Freshwater definitely. I rescue bettas and give them up for adoption once they are healed and healthy. But... I would love to eventually start my own guppy strain in the near future! doing some research first.

and how long have I been in the hobby? ufff many years, I always had fish since I was little because my dad used to keep fish as well. I had goldfish growing up. Then I got into livebearers which I love!

Fanatic
What is the funniest moment you can recall in the aquarium hobby?

Guanchy
loving all these questions! keep them coming.

What is the funniest moment you can recall in the aquarium hobby?

ohh this one was funny and scary lol we were playing chubby bunny with my family (you have to stuff as much marshmallows as you can in your mouth and say chubby bunny, for those that do not know the game)

and when we were done we started throwing marshmallows at each other and one of them flew right into the fish tank and we ran trying to take it out but it was dissolving as we were trying to catch lol it literally disappeared in front of our eyes as we tried to catch it. We were competing against the mollies (curious little guys) that were trying to pick at it!!!!

thank God nothing happened to the fish!

Fanatic
loving all these questions! keep them coming.

ohh this one was funny and scary lol we were playing chubby bunny with my family (you have to stuff as much marshmallows as you can in your mouth and say chubby bunny, for those that do not know the game)

and when we were done we started throwing marshmallows at each other and one of them flew right into the fish tank and we ran trying to take it out but it was dissolving as we were trying to catch lol it literally disappeared in front of our eyes as we tried to catch it. We were competing against the mollies (curious little guys) that were trying to pick at it!!!!

thank God nothing happened to the fish!

HA! I can see this happening

AJE
That is so funny. What are your favorite pizza toppings?

Guanchy
Hawaaian!! (I am pretty sure I spelled that wrong) lol I love thaI food so I like sweet in my food!

Fanatic
What is the first thing you thought of after reading this word?:

Water

Guanchy
That I need to put this soda down and drink some water instead lol

Iverg1
Favorite food? Favorite place? Place you would like to visit?

Guanchy
Favorite Food: ThaI Food!!!! Place that I would like to visit: Thailand lolol so I can eat tons of ThaI Food.

My favorite place I have visited is Florence, Italy. I would love to live there

sipec
Favorite Food: ThaI Food!!!! Place that I would like to visit: Thailand lolol so I can eat tons of ThaI Food.

My favorite place I have visited is Florence, Italy. I would love to live there
ThaI food is the best! What's your favorite dish?

Guanchy
ThaI food is the best! What's your favorite dish?

I haven't tried anything ThaI that I didnt like yet lol. But I always go for pineapple fried rice if I want something quick. I also love tamarin fish and porkchops!

sipec
I haven't tried anything ThaI that I didnt like yet lol. But I always go for pineapple fried rice if I want something quick. I also love tamarin fish and porkchops!
Haven't had pineapple fried rice in a while, mine is the yellow curry at my local ThaI restaurant, and their peanut noodle curry is good too

Guanchy
yes! their curry is amazing! I like their massaman curry! try it if they have it

sipec
yes! their curry is amazing! I like their massaman curry! try it if they have it
That's what my dad gets allot, I think it's okay

Guanchy
Haven't had pineapple fried rice in a while, mine is the yellow curry at my local ThaI restaurant, and their peanut noodle curry is good too

That's what my dad gets allot, I think it's okay

it's an acquired taste

AJE
Is gaunchy your real name?

dojafish
Curious about what kind of pineapples you eat in your food? Are they the canned kind or is it fruit imported from Hawaii's own Dole farm? Have you ever had fresh cut pineapple?

Guanchy
Curious about what kind of pineapples you eat in your food? Are they the canned kind or is it fruit imported from Hawaii's own Dole farm? Have you ever had fresh cut pineapple?

I grew up in the Dominican Republic so all I ate was fresh fruits until I moved to New York at age 17 lol.

In our house in DR we have tons of Mango, Guava, Tamarin, lime trees.

Is gaunchy your real name?
Guanchy*

Nop, My real name is Victor lol

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
CopperIsEpiK
2 3
Replies
Views
Amazoniantanklvr
Replies