GT jumped out of the tank D:

1. J

Juanldw New Member Member

So I came home from work and I headed straight to my aquarium cause I just love my tank and my dog, suddenly starts looking at something on the ground, it was something dark and at first I thought.. oh the cat brought a bird inside... but it was my green terror D: he had jumped form the tank.. i IMMEDIATLY placed him in the tank. and well.. he was still breathing, altho when I found him he was half dry, keeping him on a perforated container for a while because he is regaining his strength but he always sinks to tbe bottom... only been like 20 minutes since I found him so hopefully heĀ“ll be fine :3

-Note to self: need to buy aquarium cover.

2. QQQUUUUAADDD

QQQUUUUAADDD Well Known Member Member

I think you should add some Stress Coat+ to the tank.

3. i

iZaO Jnr Well Known Member Member

I would quarantine him if you can, and add stress coat/aqua safe to promote slime cover recovery.

You need to watch him very carefully for a couple of weeks because he will likely have a swim bladder issue or some sort of parasite now (well when i say now i mean because he was weakened).

As for a cover, any kind of netting, or glass will work

4. D

Dez The Betta Valued Member Member

Aw poor fish. You need to keep an eye on him and add stress coat if you can. I wish you and your fish luck!