Gsp Impulse Buy...

1. BodaciousBetta Initiate Member

So my LFS of horrors had 4 green spotted puffs in their possession. All 4 were in such extreme distress, I did not know if they would make the trip home. I know 4 is a lot and eventually they will need many upgrades and changes. I plan on setting up a new tank in the next year or so. What size tank would he appropriate for 4? 100gallon or larger? Currently they are in 60 gallons (i know its way too small). I thought living in a cramped tank was better than dying at the store...at least while they are so young. Will they be alright in this tank for 6m-1yr or will it stunt their growth?

They are about 1.5-2 inches right now and everyone seems happy. The tank is heavily planted and has tons of MTS...im looking to find ramshorns right now. 2 of the puffers are rather skinny and sickly looking. What anti parasitics are puffer friendly? Also I have been very very very slowly introducing a little salt to the water. At what salinity will my plants start to die? I have bacopa, starurgyne, red ludwigia.

I hate myself for making such a huge impulse buy....especually because I knew what I was getting into...but I absolutely adore these little guys and have zero regrets.

2. Katie13 Fishlore VIP Member

They need around 30 gallons a puffer, so about 120 gallons.