Gsp-dying or sleeping heavy

Status
Not open for further replies.

shih-tzu mom

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
the gsp i got is either dying or sleepimg heavy his fins are moving but very little and he is on the bottom, i don't know either way what to do for him He was pretty stressed i will be surprised if he lives a while longer lol another bad day bad day
I just saw him move a little i think the poor little guy is just tired right out and i fed him and he did not eat-but i left a snail in for him overnight and i turned out the lights and let him be to see if some rest will do him good.Please all say a little puffer prayer for him lol bella

Last edited:

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I'm sorry he's not doing well. He's had a big day turning out the lights and letting him de-stress is probably a good idea. I don't think him not wanting to eat the first night in a new tank would be unusual.
I don't know anything about GSP so I can't really help you.
I'm sure PFP will see this and be able give you some insight.
Good luck and keep us posted.

shih-tzu mom

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Yeah, Lucy he was really stessed out, turned black and tail curled but i think the best is to hope and let him rest in the dark until morning and hope he makes it. lol the dwarf's i got i can't find as they are so small and hiding lol so rest is in store for all puffies tonight lol have been fed and left some snails in case they are hungrey during the night and i will see what morning brings . thanks Lucy as always. i am not to worried about him not eating right away it's his stress level that worries me more lol and when he is settled i'm sure he will eat, if he makes it threw the night, and if he does get hungrey he has a snail.until i get up lol, i just talked to him and told him to sleep and his little fins were going. bella

Last edited:

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I'm really sorry you lost him Bella.
RIP little guy.

shih-tzu mom

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I presume he was to stressed as when i got the other little one-Puffy he was not stressed and you can tell the diff; in the 2-puffers he was all black when he passed- i guess too much for him as he was in the tank with a bunch of puffer's and that alone would have stressed him and them when they netted him it was not too gentle. feb;17th2009. bella

shih-tzu mom

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Well, i tested my tank this morning to see if that would tell me something but all was good-ammonia-0-nitrite-0-nitrates-5-and the salinity was a perfect .1002 as i added just a little salt yesterday, so i am going this morning to try another one in hopes that it will survive.And i think i will take a container and catch him myself- i think that is where the problem lies as this kid was very ruff on this little guy. Wish me luck lol bella

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

UV Sterilizers Worth It?

• Yes

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 7 8.8%
  • IDK - never used one before

Votes: 53 66.3%

Top Bottom