Grumpy GloFish, need advice.

Dragonbot

Due to beginner's ignorance, I put my GloFish in a tank far too small. Like really small. Yes I know I'm an idiot, but there's an issue I've been wanting to fix.
Because of their previous hovel, they are rather grumpy and antisocial for schooling fish. I've got them in a clean, lovely 20 gal now, but they act like a bunch of disgruntled cats. There's no actual damage being done, all fins intact and everyone is healthy and fed. Just a lot of chasing and shoving. No real schooling.
Is there a way I can fix this, or is the damage irreparable?
Edit: I forgot to mention they are Glofish tetras.

Dragonbot

How many? Is the tank cycled?
Yes, the tank is fully cycled and has been going strong for several months at least. I have four Glofish. I used to have five, but there was a tank malfunction and sadly R.I.P. yellow guy. They were like this when the yellow one was alive. I'm not against getting a few more since the tank is stable?

DuaneV

Edited: We posted at the same time and you answered my questions.

Id add some more. 4 isn't many and since theyre a schooling fish, 7 or 8 in a 20 would be decent and I'm sure it will spread out the pecking order.

Dragonbot

How many do you have and how is the tank decorated?

What are the water parameters, ie., ammonia, nitrite, nitrates?

How long have they been in this 20 gallon tank and how long were they in the small tank (how small was it?)?

Just now did a water test. Nitrates and Nitrites are both at 0

20200304_212319.jpg
Here's a photo of the tank
This is how they usually are.

CoryBoi

I agree with smaller numbers they will only hide. I would get 2-4 more glo tetras or skirt tetras as they are the same species.

Dragonbot

I agree with smaller numbers they will only hide. I would get 2-4 more glo tetras or skirt tetras as they are the same species.
Okay, I'm up for it. I'll get some more and give that a shot!

Noroomforshoe

Yes, get more skirt tetra, glowing or regular, and let us know how it goes.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• KArrow
  • Guppy
Replies
Views
SavTheArtist
Replies
Views
emilymg
Replies
Views
LilyPipeDreams