Grrr... : (

SFGiantsGuy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
After my hydrogen peroxide o.d. Thursday, my readings are not moving/improving...yet. Added Stability (on dosing day 3) and some used media...guess I may have to keep on starting from square one, ammonia: .50, nitrites: .50 and finally, nitrate: 5 ppm. Really hope I can still slavage this tank back to nrmoal. My old readings were ideal, at, ammonia: .00, nitrites: .00 and nitrate: 10-20 ppm.

Gypsy13

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
So sorry.
Don’t you hate it when it’s your own fault? I know I do.
Good luck.

SFGiantsGuy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Guess my only course of action is to wait...again. : ( Wait to reestablish the cycle all over again. I know I have to. Still sucks though!

SFGiantsGuy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I'm glad it only took 2 weeks last time. : ) And that was with TSS+ and nasty media heh Pretty fast actually...never had it complete THAT fast though! Guess I MAYbe pushing my luck this time around though...maybe......

Gypsy13

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Well, I have confidence you can get it done. Easy.
Did I tell you the time (bout a month ago) I dumped 6oz flake food in my 29? Fish were ecstatic. Me not so much. Oh what we do to ourselves!

SFGiantsGuy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Thanks. Yeah, that happened to me once too. It was a LOT of food! lol

Gypsy13

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Sometimes I’ve just got to sit here and repeat over and over Stupid Stupid Stupid!
A friend recently lost everything in his 200 gallon sw Reef tank. Hadn’t done a cleaning in a while and decided to power vac the sand. Hit a huge nasty gas pocket. He had a very large purple serpent starfish. Several other stars plus tiny little bb stars. I remember the Oscar but he had other beautiful fish as well. Almost broke him body and soul. That purple serpent was cool! He still cries when he tries to talk about it.

SFGiantsGuy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Oh that really sucks. : ( Ugh, no change in water test readings yet...still ammonia: .50, nitrite .50, and nitrate: only about 5.0 ppm. This tank started out as a fish-in cycling, and don't (an experiment, as I usually do not ever do that method!) really wanna add fish with those current readings! Used TSS+ on this tank's previous cycle with huge success. (only took 2 weeks) kinda getting impatient here this second time around with this cycle now...lol...not sure if this Stability's gonna work at all here...

Gypsy13

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I have faith you will get it to cycle. And I don’t ever want to use a fish for cycling either. I know folks say if you do enough water changes it’ll be fine but what if something happens and you can’t keep up with the ammonia/nitrites. Too sick with the flu or whatever and can’t do daily water changes.
Patience oh hopper of grass. Lol.
You got this!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom