Grr, Argh

TheBettaBar

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I bought "12 juvenile" guppies this week, "about 1 month old". Well they got here today and I am SORELY disappointed. They are newborn fry!!! Like, maybe a week old at maximum. And half are DOA. >

TheBettaBar

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I know, I'm bummed! He didn't pack any extras and single bagged them so a couple got stuck in the folds of the bag as well. Instead of 12 healthy juveniles I now have 5 scraggly weak fry

junebug

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
What kind of dealer sells week old fry as "juveniles"? Shipping fish that young is just not a good idea :/

TheBettaBar

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Nah it was a seller on ebay that I've never used before...I'll go post a review in the forum sometime today.

TheBettaBar

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Well the good news is that almost all of the "dead" fry have rebounded! This is why I always let DOAs sit in some clean, warm water for a while before throwing them out (well, I mean, unless they're already...moldy). I think I've ended up with 9 or 10 live ones.

TheBettaBar

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Yeah they're still doing good and eating well so hoorah!

After this little let down though it's getting harder and harder to resist the auction up for three adult pairs from the man himself. $75 and counting. Whyyyyy does Pete have to have such nice fish >.> You all must stop me. I have no more christmas money left and therefor no justification to buy more shiny fish.

kevymd

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Oggled yesterday. Worth an oggle. Had to fight against the urge to buy, but I only won't one or two, not half a dozen, so it doesn't make sense.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom