Growth rate

Joe G

Reaction score
Growth rate. I have notice that my platy fry have grown at different rates. Some are lager than other's. It seeams to be that the heather stronger fish, are getting more food and smaller weaker fish grow slower.

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Yea, same here.. Some of the 2nd batch (almost 2 weeks old) are growing so fast they seem to be catching up to the 1st batch (a little over 5 weeks old) and some look like they've hardly grown at all. I guess all we can do is feed them, keep them in healthy water and let them grow.. too bad they don't all grow nice & fast, isn't it? (100% survival rate would be nice too, but oh well - we still have 21 of the 26 fry. How many did your Platy have? Our "little mama" is a gold twinbar.

Dino

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
In the past 27 years of fishkeeping, I have never had a spawn all grow at the same rate.
Think about it, humans don't al grow at the same rate, even those from the same parents.

Dino

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Dino said:
In the past 27 years of fishkeeping, I have never had a spawn all grow at the same rate.
Think about it, humans don't al grow at the same rate, even those from the same parents.

Dino
True.

New Threads