Growth between scales and other problems

Harlebleondora

Hey, I just noticed a strange growth between the scales of one of my harlequin rasboras.

(Sorry for poor quality)

It looks like a scale has popped off and the stuff under has swollen up.

I was just about to dose the tank with apI general cure (metrodizanole+praziquantel) when I noticed the growth. I was going to use it because I had seen lots of endlers flashing.

I have a uv steriliser installed.
Parameters
Ammonia-0
Nitrite-0
Nitrate-5
Ph 7.0
30-40% water changes once a week.

Stock
6 black neon tetras
2 harlequin rasboras
4 hangels rasboras
15 sterbaI coryd
1 bristlenose
50-70 endlers ranging from newborn-adult

I know that the stocking is horrible. I have been unable to patch up the holes in my schools and the endlers weren't meant to be in there in the first place. This is why.
After a month of quarantine I was almost ready to move the endlers. About a day before I was going to sell my guppies to make room for the endlers I found out that the guppies had camallanus worms. I had to take down my quarantine in a few days because of space issues so I ended up putting them in my 40g.

That was seven months ago. I have tried 4 different treatments and have made almost zero progress with killing the worms.

Recently all of the original 5 female endlers have become wasted starting with a drooping tail then a sunken belly and finally death. Only 3 are still alive.

Back to where I am now and I don't know what to do, what's this thing between the harlequin's scale? Sorry for the amount of text. Please help!

EDIT: Just noticed what looks like another one about to pop up on a female endler.

Harlebleondora

Anyone?

Anders247

Perhaps a tumor? My rainbowfish had something like this, and it died......

Harlebleondora

Anders247 said:
Perhaps a tumor? My rainbowfish had something like this, and it died......
Is there a cure?

Anders247

Harlebleondora said:
Is there a cure?
Besides surgery, I don't think so.

junebug

I can't tell what that is in those pictures, they're too blurry.

Some possibilities include columnaris, flukes, and tumors. If it's spreading, it's not a tumor.

Harlebleondora

Maybe flukes? The endlers have been flashing a bit

Harlebleondora

hopefully this is clearer.

It looks very fleshy and it seems something small and white is on top, it looks like a peeling piece of skin. Can flukes contribute to fish wasting away? (Shrunken belly)

junebug

The secondary bacterial infections flukes can cause might lead to a fish losing some weight.

Harlebleondora

junebug said:
The secondary bacterial infections flukes can cause might lead to a fish losing some weight.
Thanks so much for the help everyone I'll dose with metro+prazI tonight.

Anders247

Harlebleondora said:
Thanks so much for the help everyone I'll dose with metro+prazI tonight.
Good luck!

Harlebleondora

UPDATE: after dosing with 4 different meds including baths this fish and another one who caught the disease
passed away, unfortunately.

Thanks for the help.

Dom90

Sorry to hear about your loss

Anders247

Sorry for your losses.

BornThisWayBettas

Aw, I'm so sorry for your losses, darling. :'( :console:

Harlebleondora

Thanks for the help everyone, just thought I'd do an update, a month later another harlequin caught it and died, a black neon tetra got it to but I saved it with some salt and med baths.

It hasn't reappeared for 4 months so it looks like it been beaten

BornThisWayBettas

Sorry for the other loss, but I'm glad that you managed to save your neon and that it's been beaten! That's great!

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom