grownups get ear infections??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Meenu, Apr 16, 2010.

1. MeenuFishlore VIPMember

My ear is killing me - I didn't even know adults could get ear infections. Anything else it could be?

2. sirdarksolFishlore LegendMember

Yep. Grownups can get them. I get them every once in awhile. Various respiratory infections can cause ear pain, too.

3. NMfishmanWell Known MemberMember

Adults can get ear infections, but it could be something else like allergies. Hope your ear feels better!

4. angelfish220Well Known MemberMember

My dad always get a huge ear infection around this time of year.

5. jerilovesfrogsFishlore VIPMember

i don't recall getting ear infections....but just recently with a cold i had ear pain. same thing with my daughter tonight. but i'm sure allergies/sinus trouble could cause earaches too. take some advil and/or put a warm compress on your cheeks or forehead. :)

6. MeenuFishlore VIPMember

Okay, I'm itchy too, so hopefully this is just allergies. I just got ober bronchitis, so I don't want back on antibiotics. Thanks guys.

7. HOWsMomWell Known MemberMember

You've got an ear - you can get an ear infection.

8. bolivianbabyFishlore LegendMember

I used to get ear infections quite often when my daughter was younger. Once I started taking preventative sinus medication, they went away.

9. gremlinWell Known MemberMember

It could also be "swimmer's ear" - too much water sitting in the ear canal can cause an infection. I would get them every once in a while from my shower so I started using a cotton swab to dry out my ears after my shower. You can also swab your ear out with rubbing alcohol to help dry out the ear canal. Just be careful not to swab too deep so you don't injure your ear drum.
    Or, it could be too much wax buildup in your ear canal putting pressure on your ear drum. If that is the case, you would need to go to the doctor and have them clean out the ear canal. Then, swab your ear every couple of days to remove the excess wax. My Dad had that problem. You can tell if it is wax buildup - gently swab inside your ear. If you see wax on the swab, then you have wax buildup.

10. MeenuFishlore VIPMember

Okay. Thanks. :)

11. FurallicahWell Known MemberMember

Bronchitis can also cause ear infections. The sickness can drain righ up into your ear and into your ear cannal. A lot of people get ear infections when they get any type of sickness that affects the throat or lungs.

12. TreeforkWell Known MemberMember

Did you dip your head under during your last tank cleaning? Maybe you got a fry in there. :)

13. MeenuFishlore VIPMember

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice