Growing Out Male For Female

1. Josh Summers Member Member

So after everyone's help I was able to determine the sex of my pink jack Dempsey. She's is about 5 inches. And I went and bought a 2inch male and currently growing him out in another tank. At least i think it's a male. I'm almost certain. But we'll ha've to see when it gets bigger. But I was wondering at what size will he be able to spawn with my female? And will she try to kill him if he's too small and he looks kinda yellowish when do they starting getting their darker bluish color

2. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Giving this a bump up for you

3. Josh Summers Member Member

Thank you. This is her possible male. I'm hoping I picked a male can anyone sex this little guy for me. I'm hoping a male. But I know it's a little young still. It's got very pointed fins. Even at its size and alot more purple around the chin them blue. No spots thou on the chin. So I'm thinking male. I'm really hoping can anyone please try to throw a guess in there. So I know if I need to return before it gets too big and I got 2 huge females. The bigger one I believe is a female pink jack. And im hoping this little guy will be her normal husband haha

Attached Files:

4. JJACID Initiate Member

The odds are normally male when you buy a JD from most places for some reason. To me it's a male the fins are hard to see in this picture but they do look pointed and normally to tell the sex of a JD they are around 3-4 inches but this one does look like a juvenile male to me and they can change from that yellow color to black and his blue spots will be more noticeable the older he gets.