Growing Out Fish. Starting With Small Vs Big Tanks

Discussion in 'More Freshwater Aquarium Topics' started by Alex98235, Apr 11, 2017.

1. Alex98235

Alex98235 New Member Member

I have set up a 180 gallon/ 720 liter tank which is up and running with a few clown loaches and some green terrors ( I am getting rid of the green terrors). So this tank is basicly going to be my dream tank with my still not very big indo datnoid (he/she is at about 8,5 cm right now), 2 oscars and potentially
    some polypterus delhezi. All of this in an amazon theme. :) But since nobody seems to really talk about it, I thought; why not bring it up on fishlore? Is it a bad idea to throw "small monsters" into their permanent home for them to grow in?

2. Bizarro252

Bizarro252 Well Known Member Member

As long as they are not so small as to not be able to find food I see it only as a good thing, more room and better water parameters :D

3. OP
    OP
    Alex98235

Yea. I figured it would be no problem as long as they did not get sucked in to the inlet of the pump or something like that :p But as you said: more room and better water parameters. I'll just go for it :D Thanks for the reply!

4. Bizarro252

Bizarro252 Well Known Member Member

Sure thing! And you can try to find a sponge to wrap over your inlet (or even a sponge for a sponge filter if you have a HUGE intake like the Fluval FX series) if that is a concern for you.

5. OP
    OP
    Alex98235

Yea, i'll be getting all the fish at a reasonable size so it probably wont be a problem, but... who knows? :confused: I still have a "backup-tank" if anything would go wrong. :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice