growing family just added new betta

skippi

Valued Member
Reaction score
I just got a new betta. I felt bad that the past 2 that we have had died so I took a betta break. Now we have a new addition, a crown tail. He is gorgeous. of course one always thinks their babies are the best. ;D Well He is having a couple tank mates of my cories so we will see how things go. He is in a 10gal for now, depending on my loach survey that is. I might have to rearrange my tanks a little. so he might get down graded but for now has plenty of room to be free compared to that bowl he was in. Can't wait to see what kind of personality he will develop. I will try to keep this updated on our progress.

Heidi

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Welcome to the forum, new betta! What are you going to call him?

skippi

Valued Member
Reaction score
Not sure yet have to give him a few more days until I see what he is going to be like. His coloration is the aqua blue that looks purple one way blue another and has some reddish in his tail. Any thoughts on names?

Heidi

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
My immediate thought was Charlie for some reason. Sounds funny so don't feel bad for choosing something else. Also thought of Neptune. (the planet has those types of colors in the pictures)

Anyway, congratulations on deciding on getting the little guy. You already know what you are in for. He is going to be a darling and develop his own little personality and it is so much like watching a small child grow. I do envy you.

Rose

skippi

Valued Member
Reaction score
thanks for the suggestions Rose. I do have another question. Will a male betta eat cory eggs???

Heidi

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I have never known of bettas to be egg eaters and they do not have mouths that really pick up food that successfully. If they were as big as a shrimp pellet like you feed the cories perhaps they may see them as food but if they were just layed somewhere I had snail eggs all over the place and none of the bettas bothered them. And when the otos had fry it was Alex who ate them but it was the fault of his mother for not having him removed quickly enough.

Rose

skippi

Valued Member
Reaction score
Here's a pic .. not the best but gives an idea of the colors

Heidi

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Heidi -

He is beautiful and he looks so healthy!! You are a very lucky mommy to have such a fine, handsome, young man.

Congratulations, I am so happy for you!

Rose

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
He is so beautiful! I thought of maybe aurora or comet for names, but call him whatever you want. He just reminded me of those things from the picture.

skippi

Valued Member
Reaction score
Those are both cool names.. thanks for the suggestions. Hopefully we will have a name for him soon. Took use over 3 months to give the angels their names.

Heidi

skippi

Valued Member
Reaction score
Well so far we are doing good. Neptune (thanks for the name Rose) is doing well. Eating good and cruzing around the tank having fun. No signs of any disease so far.

Heidi

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
You honor me, thank you. I hope he continues to do well. He is beautiful, excuse me handsome. I don't know why I continue to call the little males beautiful....oh my!!! I just love his colors, he does indeed remind me of the planet Neptune and since I am an astronomy nut and Neptune is just my idea of the most beautiful planet, he will hold a special place in my heart. (I love them all, now so no getting jealous)

Please keep us up on his progress. Welcome Neptune. Alex, Emma, and Marty welcome you with wildly waving fins.

Rose

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Sweet name Welcome to the forum Neptune!!! I'm glad he's doing well so far.

skippi

Valued Member
Reaction score
Thanks all, I am glad he is with us also. I just hated the fact that Jeff had a betta for like 3 years and it passed shortly after we moved. I got him a replacement but that one didn't fair well either. So now after giving bettas a break we have come to neptune. He is beautiful, I hope he fairs well. I now know where to go to get all the help I need unlike the other times. I thank you all for your help and support.

Heidi

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom