Resource icon

Growing Emersed Aquarium Plants

Kribensis27

Kribensis27 submitted a new resource:

Growing Emersed Aquarium Plants - Some tips I've learned for growing aquarium plants out of water

I've been growing aquarium plants emersed for several years now, and figured I would make an article for anyone interested in doing the same. Growing aquarium plants in an emersed setup is a great way to quickly propagate plants and ensure they're strong and healthy before planting your tank. With this growth method, you only have to buy a few plants to ensure a thick jungle for your fish to live in.

A sword that has been lifted to...
Read more about this resource...

Hugooo

Very interesting! I know this sounds noob of me, but why would you want to grow plants emersed?

Kribensis27

Hugooo said:
Very interesting! I know this sounds noob of me, but why would you want to grow plants emersed?
There are a few reasons it can work well. The first is that some plants tend to grow faster emersed, and many produce more runners and offsets that way. You can get more plants in less time that way. Another reason is that it saves space. You can do this in very small containers and still get great results. Basically, you can save a bunch of money and space by going emersed. All you need is some light and a mostly sealed container of some sort.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom