Growing Coral On Glass Tank Walls

1. cm11599ps Well Known Member Member

I bought some frags from a local reefer a few months ago. Two of those frags were Kaleidoscope Polyps. One frag I gave to my brother and the other I placed on some rocks in my tank. These things began growing quickly so I simply pulled the little rock they were glued to away. Some coral was left on the little rock while the majority of it stayed behind on my main rock.

I attached the frag to my glass using 2 spare PH magnets. It took a few weeks but the coral has finally attached to my glass. I'm hoping it continues to spread and then I can finally remove the magnet holding the rock in place.

Here's a shot of what they look like. (Not my picture)
    [​IMG]

And here's where they are attached to my tank. The parts forming the "v" are attached to the glass. Everything else is still on the rock.
    [​IMG]

2. Mike Fishlore Admin Moderator Member

Wow, awesome pic. You could use superglue or something like Cg coral glue too.

3. nippybetta Well Known Member Member

That looks so cool! It would be stunning to have a bunch of coral stuck on the glass as your background.

4. ryanr Moderator Moderator Member

Ooohhh, timely photo - I've been thinking about trying something like this. Attaching corals to my weir walls.

Keep us posted, I'm curious to see how this goes.

It looks great.

5. cm11599ps Well Known Member Member

So far so good. I have no reason to believe it won't be a success.