Grilling Chicken Tenderloins Advice

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bolivianbaby, Apr 11, 2010.

1. bolivianbaby

bolivianbabyFishlore LegendMember

My daughter wants me to grill the chicken tenderloins that we're having for dinner. I was going to bake them, but she wants them grilled. It's a good idea, but:

Is there a way to do this without them getting all dried out? I have a gas grill and a charcoal grill.

2. Furallicah

FurallicahWell Known MemberMember

Go with the gas grill. I cook mine at a high temp around 300-400 degrees. Covering the grill im PAM cooking spray and let then cook for a good 15 minutes. Adding what ever I'm topping them with over and over again so it sinks into the meat. The I'll cut the biggest one to see if its done, if so then I take everything off and eat lol. I have a BBQ Pro grill so mine might be a little different from yours but thats what I do...:)

3. OP
    OP
    bolivianbaby

You're awesome, Chris!

Can you help me figure out a marinade? I wasn't expecting her to "flip the coin" on me. I have worcestershire sauce, barbeque sauce, many spices, oil, vinegar, and an italian salad dressing mix.

4. Furallicah

I would just thorw them on the grill and coat them in Barbeque sauce every 5 minutes...makes for amazing chicken. If not then then a mixing of worchestershire sauce, soy sauce, alittle oil, and some taragon is good....but then again I just like random spices in my food lol. Wing it BB its just food, express your creative self with it XD

5. OP
    OP
    bolivianbaby

Oh sure, make it easy:p

Seriously, thank you very much!:;group

6. Furallicah

Lol No problem BB, Oh did you see my blog? Its titled Thanks Everyone. There is something you might like to read in it. :;hf

7. cm11599ps

cm11599psWell Known MemberMember

I can't remember the amounts, but it's liek equal parts soy sauce and olive oil with some lemon juice and garlic. Marinade them overnight. good stuff.

8. Furallicah

Ohhh that sounds good...

9. OP
    OP
    bolivianbaby

Chris-that was very sweet. Thank you.

CM-That does sound good. I'll have to do that next time.

It's definitely time to get back into "grilling mode" with the weather warming up. Steak and burgers are another huge fave around here. Pork chops taste much better grilled, too.

10. Flyfrod

FlyfrodValued MemberMember

If you really want something good try this:

Chicken
    Brush on olive oil. Add salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste. Heat grill for cooking over medium high heat. Grill chicken for 6 min. covered. Turn and grill 6-8 min.

Dressing
    1/4 cup Dry white wine
    2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
    2 Tbsp olive oil
    2 garlic cloves pressed
    1/2 tsp salt
    1/2 tsp pepper
    Mix in microwavable bowl. Microwave on high for 2min. Remove, stir and serve over chicken and vegetables of your choice.

11. Meenu

MeenuFishlore VIPMember

Okay, so don't laugh at me.... would grilled chicken be the same as when you go outside and barbeque? (I'm vegetarian, we don't do that... but it smells delicious when my neighbors do it.)

12. Flyfrod

FlyfrodValued MemberMember

13. Furallicah

IMO no. Food always tastes better eatten outside for somereason.......wait I think I confused myself....

14. OP
    OP
    bolivianbaby

It's the bugs. They add a certain flavor:;laughing

15. Furallicah

Lol, unless your me and have had Stir Fry grasshoppers....:)

16. OP
    OP
    bolivianbaby

Mmmmm....Crunchy:p

17. Furallicah

Its good I'm telling you! Got to New York...hold on I'll find the name of the resturant. Ok....cant find the resturant...but I can give out the recipe?

Last edited: Apr 11, 2010
  18. gremlin

gremlinWell Known MemberMember

I like to soak chicken breasts in orange juice (fresh squeezed from our tree of course). Then when you grill the meat, slice an orange and lay over each piece. The juice from the sliced orange helps to keep the meat more moist. Covering the meat with foil also helps to keep in the moisture.

19. redlessi

redlessiWell Known MemberMember

You can marinade in the Italian salad dressing in the fridge for about 30 min before grilling.

20. OP
    OP
    bolivianbaby

OMG-that was the best grilled chicken I've ever made in my life! That was also the first time I've grilled chicken and NOT had it turn out dry.

My ex was AWESOME on the grill. My daughter said the chicken was better than his.:;banaman

Thank you Chris