Greetings

alicat876
Well, I have a Aqueon 10 Gallon LED Aquarium Kit - started cycling yesterday with a pinch of fish food flakes. First tank ever. I am going to stick with Tetras/Glo Fish - I know I can only have about 4 or 5 max. Right now a couple silk plants and three natural looking decor/hiding spots. Black substrate. I didn't bother with the stick-on thermometer that came with the tank. I bought a digital with probe.

And I am using Aquarium Note on Android to keep track of everything.

I have been reading a lot. And consulting my Petco peeps. Also have an Australian Terrier-woof and a Domestic Shorthair Tuxedo-meow.

Happy to be here!

R3licx
Welcome to Fishlore !

JLAquatics
alicat876 said:
Well, I have a Aqueon 10 Gallon LED Aquarium Kit - started cycling yesterday with a pinch of fish food flakes. First tank ever. I am going to stick with Tetras/Glo Fish - I know I can only have about 4 or 5 max. Right now a couple silk plants and three natural looking decor/hiding spots. Black substrate. I didn't bother with the stick-on thermometer that came with the tank. I bought a digital with probe.

And I am using Aquarium Note on Android to keep track of everything.

I have been reading a lot. And consulting my Petco peeps. Also have an Australian Terrier-woof and a Domestic Shorthair Tuxedo-meow.

Happy to be here!
Welcome to Fishlore! Feel free to ask any questions you might have about your new setup! You just joined a very helpful, knowledgeable and friendly place for anything aquarium related. Enjoy your stay here!

alicat876
JLAquatics said:
Welcome to Fishlore! Feel free to ask any questions you might have about your new setup! You just joined a very helpful, knowledgeable and friendly place for anything aquarium related. Enjoy your stay here!
I know...I was lurking for a bit. And decided to join. Some great info in here. Thank you.

Strider1520
Welcome! I am new as well with my first tank in 40 years going through cycle and found a wealth of information and nothing but help here.

Betta'sAnonymous
Welcome! Hope the petco peeps sterring you right....some of them are pretty good!

alicat876
Betta'sAnonymous said:
Welcome! Hope the petco peeps sterring you right....some of them are pretty good!
Hee hee...I think I found the fish whisperer there - he was the dude everyone wanted to talk to - the people with ginormous tanks. So, I waited till he was free and nabbed him.

Betta'sAnonymous
alicat876 said:
Hee hee...I think I found the fish whisperer there - he was the dude everyone wanted to talk to - the people with ginormous tanks. So, I waited till he was free and nabbed him.
One of our petcos is like that. Sadly the guy only works 2 days a week or so...we pick each others brains. Some of the aquatics people there have told me i know a lot more than they do. I try to give them tips when i can.

Random Great Thread

Saltwater aquarium start-up series:
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

Latest threads

Top Bottom