Greetings

Boxermom

Valued Member
Reaction score
Hello. Thought I'd introduce myself. I'm basically just looking for a nice, friendly, relaxing place to hang out with fellow fish enthusiasts, away from admins on power trips. After looking around here awhile, it looks promising.

I've been keeping fish for a short while after buying a tank for hubby and getting infected with MTS. Since then, tanks have been sprouting up all over our house! I'm rather partial to puffers and know a good bit about them, but love a lot of other ones, too. Here's a rundown of our current tanks and residents:

2.5 gallon: male blue veiltail betta, mystery snails (tons of babies being bred for the puffers), Amano shrimp, heavily planted

5 gallon: dwarf puffers, oto, heavily decorated with silk plants

10 gallon: fancy guppies, baby bristlenose pleco, mystery snails (younger son's tank)

15H gallon: cherry barbs, WCMMs, German blue rams, dwarf gourami, SAE, one gold zebra danio (stow-away when we bought shrimp), cherry shrimp, Amano shrimp, wood/bamboo shrimp, mystery snail, heavily planted, driftwood, CO2 injection

20 gallon: baby black lyretail mollies, baby fancy guppies, and soon modestus puffers, very heavily planted

29 gallon: zebra danios, black lyretail mollies, SAEs, stonelappers, baby bristlenose pleco, bumblebee gobies, baby GSP, several real plants including one HUMONGOUS Amazon sword (hubby's tank)

38 gallon: (semi-aggressive tank) tiger barbs, WCMMs, baby EBJDs (deformed), baby whale, red-tailed black shark, pitbull plecos, kuhli loaches, kitchy decorations (castle, dragon, wizard) with silk plants

2 gallon: african dwarf frogs, male red veiltail-combtail betta (on my desk at work)

Waiting to be set up: 10 gallon that will be used to grow out black lyretail molly and guppy fry and a 55 gallon that will be used to switch around residents (contents of my 38 gallon will go in it, most of hubby's 29 gallon will go into my 38 gallon, except for the GSP, who will stay in the 29 gallon and the salinity will be raised to full marine).

We also have two dogs, a boxer and a boxer-black lab mix. Two kids, both boys, one just turned 19 (day before yesterday) and one just turned 11 (yesterday).

That's pretty much it in a large nutshell.

Gunnie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Wow! Welcome to FishLore! We just love it here, and hopeyou will too! Pictures would be nice!

Boxermom

Valued Member
Reaction score
Some people just have waay too much time on their hands. : Isn't there something you should be cleaning? ;D

Boxermom

Valued Member
Reaction score
That's okay, I'm sure you'll say something soon that will make me want to stab you in the ear with a fork. That should deflate it.

SunnShadow

Valued Member
Reaction score
I just felt the need to say that I found Michael's original "name" very original............. took me a while to figure it out, but VERY original (and cool....)!!!

S.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom