Greetings Having Trouble With Water

Rich Biggers

Reaction score
Good day all Very new to this group. Currently I have a 125 freshwater setup. I have been out of the hobby for some time and find myself having difficultly with water. The problem WELL water heavy metals I have attempted a chemical fix such as Seachem Prime. bottom line no affect. I then went over to Microbe lift again no results. Is it possible to polite the water to the point where you will get incorrect readings ? Also how does one check for metals in freshwater situation? I was told by checking the hardness which mine is off the scale. Thank you for your time

Mick Frost

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Lowes (and other stores that sell water filtration systems) sells a DIY test kit designed for Tap water, its about $25 and it measures 30? different common contaminants. The other option is to contact an ecological firm, pricing ranging upwards of $200 for complete analysis.

tetratetris

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Welcome to fish lore!

What you could do is look up how to soften water, I did and it said you could use Sera Super Pete. Maybe try that.

Hopes this helps!

Rich Biggers

Reaction score
Lowes (and other stores that sell water filtration systems) sells a DIY test kit designed for Tap water, its about $25 and it measures 30? different common contaminants. The other option is to contact an ecological firm, pricing ranging upwards of $200 for complete analysis.
Thank you

Welcome to fish lore!

What you could do is look up how to soften water, I did and it said you could use Sera Super Pete. Maybe try that.

Hopes this helps!
Thank you

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom