Greetings from Japan

Yokohamarama

HI to all,

Have just spent a very informative afternoon reading through the forums and general advice so thought I would sign up and introduce myself. I have just bought a tank kit (about 24litres; places are small in Japan!), have put in some plants and have now just started the fishless cycling process using fish food - thanks to the articles and advice found here. I didn't fancy going through the process of finding pure ammonia as my Japanese isn't really up to the challenge!

Anyway, hope the cycling process goes as planned and looking forward to adding some fish after a few weeks. Would love to keep either some neon or cardinal tetras.

Will be sure to post any queries I have along the way,

Cheers!

inuyasha_lover_21

Hi,

Welcome to fishlore. I have a few relatives that are in japan

Gunnie

Welcome to FishLore! It's great to have you with us! Please click on the link in my signature titled, "FishLore Articles for Beginners". That will help you a lot!

Butterfly

Welcome to fishLore!
Carol

Jimold

Welcome! The people here are GREAT!!! They've helped me out a lot! And if I rememebr right, there's another member here from Tokyo.

Richard

Konichiwa Yokohamarama.. and welcome to Fishlore.

atmmachine816

Welcome to fishlore

Yokohamarama

Konnichiwa !

Thanks to you all for the warm welcome. Looking forward to getting to know you over the next few weeks as I get my tank up and running.

Neville

hello yokohamarama
welcome to fishlore
it's neville, i'm from Bangladesh, a small country in south east Asia, good to have u here.

miner_skyline

hello from japan 2

I have been here for almost 3 years I know where all of the good fish stores are at, yokohama. yamato, yokota let me know if u need some directions

sgould

Welcome!

Sabi

Welcome to fishlore!

Gozer_1

Welcome to FishLore!!!!

FishLore gets more and more international!! That's so awesome. It's great to hear about the fish keeping experiences in other regions of the world. Is fish keeping a popular hooby amongst the Japanese people?

Drea

Hello and welcome, we are happy to have you at our forum

Trio123

Konnichiwa! I'm a big anima fan so any chance I get so spit out some Japanese I have to take it Hope you find the site as helpful as I have.

Blub

Hi!

I don't think Neons or Cardinals would fit in there! (Well they wouldn't...)

About the only fish you can have in there is a male Betta. Mind you - they are really lovely, personable fish. I have on in a similar sized tank - and he is great!

≈ D ≈

Glad to meet you Yokohamarama

Jimold

Gozer_1 said:
Welcome to FishLore!!!!

FishLore gets more and more international!! That's so awesome. It's great to hear about the fish keeping experiences in other regions of the world. Is fish keeping a popular hooby amongst the Japanese people?
I live in Florida, but I think I can answer your question this way: TakashI Amano is arguably the worlds leading authority on planted garden aquariums and their relationship with fish and inverts that live in them. His one book: "Nature Aquarium World" was published in 1996 and now is in almost every LFS's reference section in Japan.
He is the best, he's my guru, and he's Japanese...
need I say more? hehehe

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom