Greeting & Salutations

OzzieJay

Reaction score
Greeting & Salutations

I'm fairly new to this site/forum so first of all..... Hi every body ! Already 'bumped into' a few of you in the forums & every one seems pretty cool & happy to help with good advice which is something newbies like me really appreciate so thanks.

I have a question though. It's not really important but I notice you all have a flag picture above/below your avatars indicating which country your from but my profile doesn't seem to have one. Is this something that can be fixed in your profile settings ? If so I can't see where.

Stradius011

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Hello! It is great to have you with us! I think you go to member map and then pin the location where you live.

Tumbleweed

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Welcome to Fishlore

OzzieJay

Reaction score
Yep, that worked. Thanks ! ;D

Stradius011

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Your Welcome!

Richard

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard Ozzie.. we down here in the Caribbean have always been curious what freshwater fish species are native to your part of the world since we only tend to get 'The Most Dangerous' or 'The Most Venomous' from Australia on the tellie.. do you guys have a great variety in your streams and rivers?

OzzieJay

Reaction score
We get some interesting native fresh/brackish water species.  Probably the most well known outside of Australia is the Australian Rainbow Fish which are quite colorful, especially the males & they make great aquarium fish.  Another colorful fish we have is the Southern & Northern Purple Spotted Gudgeon.  We have some Pygmy Perch species & the Dwarf Galaxias that make great aquarium fish too.  We also have some very strange shaped species such as the Pouched & Short Head Lamprey which are classified as fish but are  more like an eel.  They are very interesting. So yeah, we do have a bit of varierty but unfortunately we have had some introduced species such as the carp which are becomming dominant in a lot of our streams & rivers.

Stradius011

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
It sounds interesting.

Richard

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Thanks mate.. I'll do some googling to see if there're any exporters sending anything my way.. failing that, there are quite a few Trinidadians living there who are always back and forth.. I'll just need to get to know a few of them.. welcome aboard once more.

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
We've already communicated on Fish Lore ... but nevertheless, WELCOME

OzzieJay

Reaction score
Thank you ;D

Gunnie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Welcome to FishLore! You will fit right in!

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Welcome to FishLore Ozzie! I think I have also "Bumped" into you already
Seems like somewhere in the back of my mind I remember there being something about certain fish not being imported into/out of Australia. Is that correct?
Carol

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom