Green Tiger Barb?

Discussion in 'Tiger Barb' started by newbie101, Mar 30, 2006.

1. newbie101Well Known MemberMember

Is this a true species or is it dyed?

2. chickadee

chickadeeFishlore VIPMember

I do not know if this is what you are looking for but I got out my book Aquarium Fishes of the World by Dr. Herbert R. Axelrod, Dr. Warren E. Burgess, Neal Pronek, Glen S. Axelrod, and David E Boruchowitz that has over a thousand types of fish in it and this was the only thing I could come up with for barbs of any kind that were not the standard colors or one blue one.

Rose
    ???

Attached Files:

3. 0morrokh

0morrokhFishlore VIPMember

Don't worry, they are a color strain of Tigers. There are also red (I think) and albino ones.

4. OP
    OP
    n

newbie101Well Known MemberMember

oh ok good :)

5. Richard

RichardWell Known MemberMember

I had a few which I gave away because of their aggressive behavior,and I noticed when they're being netted out of an aquarium,two things happen-they lose color until they're comfortable again and they actually 'play dead'..they go limp once the net is around them even while they're still in the aquarium..I've never seen any other species do that.

6. Harley

HarleyValued MemberMember

tiger barbs are not dyed because they loose colour and gain colour the only way to do that if they where dyed is if you put the dye in!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice