Green Terror

sick-lid boy

Valued Member
Reaction score
I don't know if this would be the correct location to request a new fish profile, but that's what I'm doing. I absolutely love my Green Terror! He's still young (about 4.5") but he definitely lives up to his moniker (at least the "Terror" part.. he's not that "Green")... He certainly believes the tank is his. I have him in a tank with an Oscar, a Bala Shark, and a couple catfish.. the only one he really pays any attention to is the Oscar, who he often nudges around for territorial rights. Anyhow, he is a beautiful fish and definitely should have a profile on this wonderful site. Here's a pic taken on the first day I got him, but his colors have changed drastically since then and he is much brighter and more colorful now (and bigger). His name is Boris... named after Boris Karloff.
21.jpg

Callum The Cat

Well Known Member
Reaction score
certainly a lovely fish did u say 4 foot 5?

Sabi

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Wow! thats a big beautiful fish! Curious to know what size tank you keep him in?

sick-lid boy

Valued Member
Reaction score
LOL.. No, he's NOT 4 foot 5.. Barely 5 inches. Supposedly Green Terrors get to be around 8 inches, but this guy is an incredibly fussy eater, and has pretty much stopped growing for several months now. I'd say he's grown about a half an inch in the last 2 or 3 months. He used to LOVE freeze dried shrimp, now he won't touch them. He never eats, nor has he EVER eaten cichlid pellets. The only things he eats are bloodworms, earthworms, and he'll occasionally nibble on regular old tropical fish flakes. I keep him in a 55 gallon with an Oscar. They get along pretty fine with each other. The Green Terror has become mellowed since I first got him. He never displays any aggression towards any other fish anymore.

TaylormadeR7

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Here is my Green Terror @ about 6". A terror he is not. My JD keeps him in check. Has been a very good fish to keep.
clear.gif

zpecialt

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I've considered getting a green or red terror as a pal for my oscars. They are so beautiful as adults. Yours is quite handsome.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom